Fourth Year - The Weasleys

"Wakey wakey!" Y/N thumped Hermione awake with a pillow.

Hermione let out a groan. "Y/N, it's summer. Let me sleep in peace."

"It's 7 in the morning, Mione," Y/N grinned. "Your alarm clock is here to wake you up."

"Fine," Hermione grumbled.

Y/N had been awake since 6, helping Mrs Granger prepare breakfast in the kitchen. Hermione's parents loved her ever since she'd arrived.

"Morning, Mrs Granger," Y/N greeted when Hermione and Y/N entered the kitchen.

"Morning, Mum," Hermione yawned.

"Morning, guys. Y/N and I made pancakes," Mrs Granger smiled. "Your dad will be back in a second."

"Did you put the usual amount of sugar this time?" Hermione narrowed her eyes at Y/N.

Y/N raised her hands up in surrender. "I did! Tell her, Mrs Granger."

"Yes, she did, Hermione," Mrs Granger chuckled. "Y/N made her own batch."

Y/n and Mrs Granger exchanged sneaky looks and grinned. Truth was, they had decreased the amount of sugar every time in small increments, so Hermione wouldn't be able to detect it.

"Why do you do that anyway?" Hermione said as she drizzled some maple syrup on her plate. "I mean, pancakes are supposed to be sweet."

"I don't have a sweet tooth," Y/N replied, drizzling some maple syrup as well, just not as much as Hermione.

"That will be the only thing Ron and I agree on," Hermione said.

"That I'm right?" Y/N grinned.

"That you're weird."

Hermione made a face to Y/N, and Y/N stuck her tongue out.

"Hermione, let the girl eat in peace," Mrs Granger scolded her daughter playfully, and Y/N laughed.

"Yes, Mum," Hermione grinned.

"I'm going to make some pie later today," Mrs Granger said. "Want to join me?"

"Oh, I'm joining if Y/N's joining," Hermione narrowed her eyes at Y/N again. "I want to make sure that she puts the right amount of sugar."

"Hermione, it only happened once," Y/N chuckled.

"It was the blandest batch of cookies I've ever tasted," Hermione said. "The chocolate chips helped a lot."

"It's not that bland. Besides, your parents are dentists, Mione," Y/N laughed. "Why do you have a sweet tooth?"

"Just because my parents are dentists doesn't mean that I don't have a good taste," Hermione grumbled.

"I have to agree with her," someone said near the kitchen door. "Sometimes I miss sugar too."

"Dad!" Hermione smiled.

"Morning, Mr Granger," Y/N greeted as well.

Mr Granger was back from his usual morning jog. He still had his usual headband stretched across his forehead, and his face was flushed from the jog.

"Don't be such a bad influence," Mrs Granger scolded playfully. "Go take a shower, then you can eat."

"Better be done soon, Dad," Hermione called out. "Or else you'll have to eat Y/N's batch."

"Mine isn't that bad," Y/N grumbled.

The three women ate breakfast in the Granger's kitchen while talking playfully. Mrs Granger was a calm and sweet woman, but she could be very facetious in the right times. On the other hand, Mr Granger was very bubbly and humorous, and the two loved each other dearly.