His words made my stomach warm, but I didn't allow for my face to show that. I replied while smiling, "Because I'm not in the mood for a nap right now."

"You're right," he nodded. "Because I would put you to sleep after."

My jaw dropped and a laugh escaped my mouth. I pushed his chest slightly and said, "Kingston!"

A smile formed on his face, while he continued to look down at me. 

Mac entered the kitchen again, holding a plastic bag that contained something. He placed it on the counter and asked Kingston, "What do you want me to do with these, boss?"

Kingston's face quickly shifted to irritation. He rubbed his jawline frustratedly, causing me to look at the bag closer. Once I realized that they were a pair of real human eyes I gasped and turned around, covering my eyes even though I wasn't facing them anymore.

"Good fucking job," Kingston spoke in an annoyed tone. "You scared her. Now leave."

I heard Mac's footsteps exit the kitchen behind me, but I still stayed facing the other direction for a moment. My heart pounded in my chest. Kingston spoke gently, "I'm sorry, Sienna. I didn't know he was going to bring them in."

"Whose eyes are those?" I whispered, slowly turning around to face him.

"Romeros."

My jaw dropped. I couldn't believe it, even for him. I questioned, "You actually removed his eyes?! You made your own cousin blind!"

"I don't care if he's my cousin. He needed to learn what happens when another man thinks he can have you," he states with no remorse. 

"You don't care that he's your family?!"

"No. You are my family now, Sienna. Nobody is as important to me as you are."

I don't know what made me more frustrated. The fact that he did that, or the fact that he doesn't see anything wrong with it. While my face was coated in frustration, his didn't have an ounce of emotion to it. 

"Kingston, you can't do this shit in front of me," I nearly whispered while shaking my head. I didn't mean to look, but my eyes couldn't help but take glances at the bag on the counter.

"I didn't mean for you to see," he shrugged, speaking as if that then made it okay.

"Don't use that excuse," I spat. "You clearly didn't care about that on my prom night."

His face shifted. We've never spoken about that night after it happened, it was as if I thought that if I didn't talk about it, then I would forget about it. But nothing I've ever tried over the years has been able to make me forget it. 

It felt like puke rose in my throat for a second, but I dismissed it. 

He thought for a second before asking, "Do you want to talk about that night? Because I don't regret it."

I could feel the confusion covering my face. He was standing there, talking about one of the worst nights of my life, as if he did nothing wrong. He leaned against the kitchen counter while crossing his arms, looking at me as if he was having a casual conversation.

I nearly stuttered, "You don't regret it?"

"I understand you didn't like what I did, but Sienna-"

"Don't like what you did?!" I cut him off and asked in disbelief. 

I let out a scoff. I was nearly amazed by how much he was downplaying that night. 

I went to yell at him for what he did that night when a burning feeling rising in my throat stopped me. My skin felt like it was burning and my body started to sway a little. Kingston's eyebrows lowered, a lit bit of emotion flashing across his face. With a worried expression, he asked me, "Sienna? What's wrong?"

I felt nauseous and dizzy, nearly falling over, but I held onto the counter for support. He held his arms out and said, "Come to me, what's wrong?"

"I'm fine. Just leave me alone, Kingston," I barely got out, feeling as if I just broke out with a fever.

I almost fell again, having to place both of my hands on the counter. The world felt like it was spinning as if I were drunk, but I hadn't had a sip of alcohol today. 

He looked me up and down as if he were trying to figure out what was wrong with me. 

He pulled me into his chest and said, "Fuck that."

I completely leaned into him, his arms around me being the only thing keeping me up. I felt confused about what was happening - this had never happened to me before. This was nothing like when I had the flu, it was ten times worse.

He lifted me off the ground, and I was barely able to recognize the fact that we were walking down the hallway toward the living room. 

He held me tightly to his chest as he yelled, "Somebody get the doctor here right fucking now!"

I could see him looking down at me with worry, something I wasn't used to. 

I barely managed to whisper, "Kingston."

My ears were ringing, and it felt as if I was the sickest I'd ever been. I felt nauseous, hot, dizzy, and was slowly losing consciousness. 

"Shh, it's okay Sienna," I felt his lips press against my cheek softly. "You're safe and with me, I'll take care of you and make sure you're okay."

Black dots danced in my vision, the edges becoming blurred. I could feel him rushing down the hallway, followed by the sound of distant voices.

Once I'm awake, for the first time in 4 years, we're talking about prom night. 

Word count: 2148