26. His POV

"I'm horrified." I was shaking.

Lane pressed the ring into my hand.

"You won the game today, we have our interview, I talked to the host and everything is set up perfectly." He hugged me.

"It's good right?" I asked

"It's perfect for her." He confirmed and my girl leaped through the curtains.

"I'm ready." She smiled happily.

"You look gorgeous love." I smiled as I pulled her to my side and tucked the ring in my pocket.

"Ready?" The guys in the back asked and we were announced, walking out.

We each shook the hosts hand.

"We are joined with winning hockey players Lane Forest and Noah Matthew!" He announced and cheers went off as Lane and I waved. Her hand was on my knee and she had the brightest smile.

"We have the four time winning gold champion figure skater and the face of kindness Maya Christmas!" He said and she waved as people screamed for her.

"I'm so sorry but I can't help but immediately bring up how shifting you are. The whole room brightens and I think it's not just because of your smile but the viral video of you activity tying a young girls shoe and paying for her skates." He said and the video popped up.

"Thank you." She nodded.

"What caused you to do this?" He asked.

"Uhm I actually had no idea there was a video but anyway I saw this skate store in the outlets and I checked it out seeing the cashier who led me to this young girl who was indeed one of my many friends or a 'fan' I suppose is the word most use. She was a total sweetheart." She shook her head.

"A very kind act done by an intelligent and lovely young woman. Now I have a broad question about both of your relationships. Where is it going?" He asked and I looked at Lane trying to breathe absolutely horrified as it was national TV.

"Jonas and I are well. Official, happy, he's actually one of the best people I know aside from these two and I'm very grateful. I think we're going to go far." He smiled and they looked at me.

"Well, uhm the future seems cloudy but I think you can clear it up if you just stand up for me." I grabbed Maya's hand and she was so confused.

I was in the center of the room and took a deep breath.

"Maya, you have been my therapy, my calm, my happy, my high, and god a drug I'd willingly take forever. I'm am so incredibly in love with you and who you are and what you stand for. I'm proud to help you as you help me and I swear to treat you accordingly." Tears brined my eyes as I grabbed the ring from my pocket and she gasped as I got down on one knee.

"Maya Christmas would you do the honor of marrying me?" I asked and her arms immediately wrapped around my neck as she hit the floor with me.

"Is it a yes?" I asked holding her to me.

"I'll marry you." She whispered and Lane gasped.

"SHE SAID YES!"