Waiting

I couldn't help my eyes from wandering over to Y/N, a part of me wanted to comfort him, like he was a distressed child. I know that's not how I should treat him, but I barely knew him. Though, honestly, its kind of nice to have someone else my age in Encanto.

Camilos POV

-------------------------

I mean, I had Mirabel, but seeing as we were family, we were almost born to get along. Honestly, since I was a kid it's always kinda been me with other people who aren't my age.

It used to be that I was baby sat by the older kids, and then when I got around 12 I baby sat the younger kids. I mean, I finally met someone my age and I've almost killed him.

Maybe I just... maybe I should give up.

I kicked my feet up onto the side of the bed and crossed my arms. Thinking about what I'd say when he'd wake up. would he remember? would he hate me? Great job, Camilo. Manage to speed run messing up a relationship.

I sat there for awhile, taking in his uneasy features. He shifted in his forced sleep, but not a lot. Moving his head to the opposite side, readjusting his legs and wrinkling the blanket.

I leaned my head back in the seat, resting it up against the wooden back of the chair. I closed my eyes, trying to think about what to say to him, my mind came blank. I sat there like that, and quickly my eyes became heavy.

I jolted up to knocking on the door. My eyes, though blurry, shot to the door, where my mother was peaking her head in. Her hand creeped up the door and she slowly stepped inside. She quickly moved into the room. Glancing uneasily at Y/N, her eyes met mine.

"Has he woken up at all? or were you asleep as well?" She asked softly, I twisted over to look at Y/N, he'd barely moved. I let put a closed mouthed yawn and stretched my arms, " I may've dosed off." I admitted.

She gave a soft chuckle and placed her hand on my shoulder, her hand feeling cold. She turned her sight back to Y/N. A slight breeze came from beside me, I looked up and saw a small cloud begin to form above my mother, and her expression worried. I placed my hand on top of hers, trying to catch her eyes.

She eventually turned to me again and I mouthed, he'll be ok. I was honestly saying it more to myself, my abeula puts so much attention on our reputation... a single smudge, and who knew what would happen.

"Well..." My mom begun. she drew in a breath and peeled her eyes from mine, "you should probably clean up. dinner will be ready soon." She said, tapping my shoulder and leaving me in the room again, only difference now was the door wasn't sealed shut.

I took a deep sigh and ran my hands through my hair. I hope he'll be up soon.

-----------------

short chapter since I havnt posted in, checks calender, nearly 2 months. enjoy! might post shorter chapters when I feel the energy

 enjoy! might post shorter chapters when I feel the energy