Chapter 3

“I’d pick you up this afternoon, alright?” My sister said, a dainty smile that never fails to brighten up any person’s day sprawled across her angelic face. See, my sister has always been this girl that could make any guy’s head turn just so that they could take another look of her perfectly sculpted outlines. I am not being bias here but really, she’s so pretty. It doesn’t even daze me anymore whenever a kid from my grade would randomly approach me and asks me who she is and if we’re related in any way or form. I’m used to it, to say the least.   To top it all off, she’s also a really smart and a very down to earth girl. Her name had always been one of those who always reach the top ten of their entire batch. Although she’s considered as ‘the total package,’ I still don’t know as to why she doesn’t have a boyfriend up until now.

“Are you sure? I don’t want to bother you with your school stuff or anything.” I said, leaning on the open window of her car.

“Nah, it’s cool.” She said, flashing me the brightest smile that I’ve ever witnessed in my entire life. “You want me to get you something for later?” She asked, adjusting her rear view mirror.

“I think I’m good.” I pulled away from her car and straightened my shirt. “See you later!”

I strolled my way to my locker to leave a few books that I brought in my bag and as soon as I was able to unlock the rusty old thing, a small white and neatly folded paper came tumbling down from the tower of books that I’ve managed to create inside my locker

Meet me in the library after your first class.
                                          Vic.

As soon as I finished reading the simple note, a smile immediately made its way to my lips together with my eyebrows knitting together. Pile after pile of assumptions and cliché thoughts bombarded my head as I thought of a solid reason as to why in the world would Vic want to meet up and skip classes with me in the library. Well, maybe he has a quiz in Maths later and he just felt the need to review? Maybe so.

With a somewhat permanently drawn smile displayed on my face, I walked my way to the first class of the day and I thank the heavens for the glorious schedule that I have for Wednesday because I am starting off with one of my favorites, Literature. I’ve always found extreme fascination towards Literature since I was maybe eight years old. I remember when I was so little, my mom read the entire Harry Potter series to me and it only took us maybe a month or so to accomplish them. There’s this certain inexplicable thrill that rises up to my head every time I read something or even if I hear someone tell a certain story whether it be a simple day occurrence or something that happened from a movie or a book; I get that certain feeling that somehow fills up the empty and idle spaces in my head.       

I took my usual seat at the farthest corner of the room, next to Justin, dumping my backpack on the floor just in front of my creaky chair. “Hey.” I muttered, grabbing my well-kept essay that I’ve finish a week ahead together with my notebook and a pen. Yes, I am that kid that likes to set up his stuff a head of time.

“Sup, man.” Justin uttered, not taking his eyes away from his slightly crinkled essay papers, jotting down a few words to create a final paragraph. I laughed a little and shook my head. Typical Justin.

“You know, Ms. Beth would probably deduct a huge amount of points on that. She clearly said that it should be fully type-written, dude.” I told him but he just snickered at me.

He clicked his pen and lazily inserted the papers in between his notebook. “Deductions are better than nothing.” He smugly said and crossed his arms in front of him. “Why do you have to be so responsible and so.. studious?” He added as he saw the greatly organized items on my table.