Chapter 2

The rest of the day in school had been dragging on painfully slow. I kept on glancing at my wrist watch and at my phone, begging for the time to tick faster. To say that I was anticipating for this afternoon's events is an understatement.

I am now in my fourth period class which is, unfortunately, History. Now, don't get me wrong, I kind of enjoy being in school and learning whatever it is that the teacher has to offer but after that little encounter with Victor Vincent Fuentes, man, I just couldn't help my leg from jittering. I was nervous but I can't stop the scenarios that's been playing in my head, dragging me deep down into a haze of a glorious daydream.

"Mr. Fuentes." My history teacher, Mr. Wright, pulled me out from my intense daydreaming session.

"Hmm?"

"I believe you have the answer to my question." The old, scruffy teacher asked me as he pushed his thick glasses up to the bridge of his nose, crossing his arms in front of his chest in the process. I blinked for a few times, trying to drag myself further away from my little daydream and I'm actually surprised to see all of my classmates staring at me, some are snickering at my now flushed face while some stared just for the sake of staring because they looked bored as hell.

I glanced up to Justin, silently asking him for the answer but just like the typical lazy bum that he is, he just shrugged his shoulders, not even aware of what has been happening in the room. I quickly scanned the white board in front of us and finally caught up with what we were apparently discussing.

"Uh, the Equal Rights Amendment?"

"Correct." He said looking rather impressed at my great attempt. "It would be pretty dandy if you'd pay your full attention next time, Mr. Quinn."

"Sorry, sir."

Mr. Wright went on with teaching about Amendments and Constitutions and I am aware that I am only half-listening to his somewhat endless babbling as my mind started wandering off to that one specific boy that instantly makes my mind hurl with just a simple smile and wink.

"Kellin!" Justin whisper-yelled beside me, irritatingly nudging my seat with his foot.

"What?!"

"Can I come over at your house after school?" I looked at him as if he's crazy as my eyebrows scrunched up together.

"No! Vic'll be there, remember?" I replied, still keeping my hushed tone. It's a very rare moment for a teacher to actually notice me do something that would tick them off and I just don't want the incident a while ago to happen again. I glanced up to the stout teacher and to my luck, he's busily scribbling words on the whiteboard with his back facing us.

"Oh, yeah, your date!" He said with a chuckle. I, however, looked like a tool with my cheeks obviously tainted with pink blush due to the sudden rush of blood. "When can I come over then?"  I shrugged my shoulders and silently swiped the screen of my phone, browsing the calendar.

"What date is it today?"

"18th of March." He replied nonchalantly, scribbling random stick figures on a clean sheet of his History notebook. I stopped scrolling through my calendar, looking at his direction. He was too caught up with whatever he's doing so I crumpled up a scratch paper and threw it straight to his direction, hitting his head in the process making me snicker at his ridiculous reaction. "What was that for?!"

"Don't fu.ck with me, Hills. What date is it today?" I asked, shaking my head, still trying to shake the shallow humor away from me.

"It is the 18th of March, asshole!" He said rather a little loudly, causing the teacher to whip his head towards our direction. I'm just glad that I'm still holding a pencil on my free hand and I jabbed my phone back to my shirt's pocket, trying to look like I've been jotting down notes on my notebook the entire time. Although I am trying to contain the outburst of laughter that is threatening to come out from my mouth, I'm still confused. How could it be the 18th of March already? It feels like it's just the second week of January. Weird.