Chapter 5

In just a fraction of a few minutes, Justin and I finally reached my house and to my surprise, my sister was there, waiting for me with an obvious anxiety and distraught-filled mixture of emotions written all over her face. I flashed her a small smile as I dragged myself towards the couch, landing on it with a thud.

My sister rushed to me, kneeling beside the comfortable seat with a glass of water in hand. "Are you alright? What happened?" The questions came rolling in as I sighed loudly, turning my head towards her direction.

"I'm fine. Just a little stressed, I guess." I lazily sat up and took the glass of water from her and a little pill that- she said- would ease down the throbbing pain of my head.

"Well, I called mom and dad and they said that they would be here in a few." She said with a shrug, approaching the kitchen to wash the used glass.

"What? Why? You didn't have to do that." I asked with a worried tone. The last thing I wanted was for my parents to worry and leave work because of me. I mean, I know how important their work is for them- for our entire family, I didn't want to be a reason why they would have to cut off their working hours. "This is nothing, really. I'd feel good in a few minutes, I swear."

"Yeah, right. You nearly blacked out a while ago in the hallway." Justin countered as he sat next to me, the weight on the soft couch shifting. I sent him a glare as Kailey soon appeared on the brown, leather chair a few feet away from us.

"What happened to you?" Once again, my attention went away and to my sister. She looked extra serious now, as if mentally telling me to just tell her the full truth. I would tell her what really happened but I didn't entirely know what really happened to me. I knew for a fact that my selfish thoughts became utterly deep and kind of dark in a matter of seconds but other than that, I didn't know why I felt so nauseous all of a sudden. That hasn't happened to me before it feels so scary, to be honest.

"I-I don't really know." I muttered, looking down on my lap.

"Is it Vic? I swear to God if he-"

"No." I quickly cut off Justin's protective stance, shaking my head vigorously. "I mean, I don't think so. I.. It's complicated." I tried to brush it off but of course, since I've already spilled some beans, they did bombarded me with piles and piles of accusations and questions.

"I knew it! What did he do?" Justin asked, grabbing my arm so that I would look at him.

"He did nothing, okay? It's just- I was just thinking.." It felt kind of awkward to be opening up to Justin with my sister in the same room. Don't get me wrong though, I am really really close with my sister and I know that I could tell her anything and Justin and I were friends since the day that I even started walking on my own and he had been really accepting about my sexuality ever since I told him that I'm gay but, something about opening up about a guy in front of them just feels oddly off.

"Thinking about?" My sister urged me to continue. I let out a deep, shaky breath, closing my eyes as I tried to steady the heavy thumping of my heart.

"I was just thinking that- about how Vic would eventually stop talking to me because he just doesn't need anything from me anymore, you know?" I monotonously said rather sadly. As I finished off the sentence, I felt my insides crumbling down in detrimental little pieces, as if on-purposely trying to cut open my chest with their rough edges. It's too much of an emotional pain that it actually affected me physically. I held in the heavy tears because although Kailey and Justin are the closest people that I have in my life, I couldn't and wouldn't just cry over a boy in front of them.

"Why do you think so?" Kailey asked curiously, her perfectly drawn eyebrows meeting together at a certain point.

"I don't know." I whispered shyly, shrugging my heavy shoulders.