Chapter 1

Kellin Quinn. 

If you were to ask the kids at school if they have ever heard of the said name, most probably, they would say that, yes, they indeed have had heard of my name, Kellin Quinn. I wouldn't say that I'm this popular, happy go lucky kid that waltzes in and out of the campus, giving high-fives to every person that I would come across with. Actually-and I'm not being humble here- I'm just a naturally friendly kid. I guess that's just how our parents raised us to be. 

I have a sister named Kailey and she's about three years older than me. Which means that she's already off to college. Fortunately for me, she decided to go to the nearest school from home. She said that she didn't want to move farther away from me. I felt kind of guilty when she said that. I mean, she has a free will to choose whether to take the offers of the big-shot universities in the city but still, she chose to study near our perfect and peaceful suburban place.

My parents are both doctors. Hard working doctors, if you ask me. They always get called in during the most inconvenient times but of course, they couldn't turn those down. They are dedicated to their jobs and I actually admire them for that. I'm just glad that they always find time to bond with me and Kailey every weekends.

Since I'm doing this introduction thing, might as well tell you about my friends. My group of friends consists of five great guys but, I am closest to Justin Hills. Justin and I had been great friends since we were four years old. Man, I can't even imagine a life without the dude. We went to preschool, elementary school and now, high school together. We're basically inseparable. Whether it would be just walking down the halls or going home from school, we're together. Some would think that we're actually brothers but really, we're just that kind of best friends.  He's basically that person who knows every single thing about me which just brings us to the deepest, darkest corner of Kellin Quinn's entire being: my true sexuality. 

Now, I wouldn't jump right through conclusions here because I, myself, am still confused as heck as to which direction I should be swinging by. I know to myself that I've always had this certain strong and undoubtable admiration towards girls but of course, there's always this one person that stands out and would make you question your decisions in life. Folks, I am talking about Victor fucking Fuentes. Alright, but most commonly known as Vic Fuentes.

He isn't this snobby, stock-up, asshole kind of quarterback in the school's football team, no. He's different and up until now, I still don't know as to how I somehow managed to build up this strong wall of admiration towards the guy. I mean, he's this mysterious type of person.  He's the one who could make your head hurl because you're just too frustrated to find out whether he's actually looking at you because he's interested or if he's looking at you because he's internally judging you from head to toe. It's crazy, really. I mean, why would you even spend months of your life, crushing on someone who wouldn't even as so much give you a second glance? I know. I'm that stupid. But what can I say? He's just so full of mysteries and it gives me this certain glint of excitement, just wanting to unveil his secretes, little by little. Coming to think of it, he might not even know that such Kellin Quinn exists when on the other hand, I know a handful of information about him. I know that he's a music enthusiast. I know that he's great in graphic designing. I know that he's an astounding guitar player. I know that he has a brother, two years younger than us. And as worrisome as this may sound, I even know where he lives! 

Although that's the case of my creepy, stalker-ish crush towards Vic Fuentes, I am aware that I have zero chance with him. Hell, I can't even gather up the right amount of courage to go up to his lunch table and talk to him.

"Be careful, Quinn. Too much staring might turn him to mush." My, apparently, best friend Justin, whispered as he nudged my side, snapping me out from my Vic-induced trance. Justin and I made this pack that my secret stays with us; only us. No other living and breathing creature knows about this secret of mine. I mean, I'm just not yet ready to come out of the closet or something. Besides, it's just a stupid crush. Who knows after a couple of weeks, I might finally grow tired of staring at his perfect face and move on, finding interest towards a girl from the cheer squad or something. 

"Shut up. I wasn't staring. I was just.. glancing." I shot back, shaking my head. "Besides, it's not like he would notice me." 

"Aw, cheer up, dude! If it could make you feel better, you should swing by my house after school, we could play that sick new game that my mom bought me least weekend. Man, I've been dying to try it out! Hey have you seen that new-" After that, I was lost once more. Justin keeps on rambling and rambling about some video that he saw in the internet but I just can't keep my focus when the god-like boy started walking to the direction of our table! No, I'm just hallucinating. This isn't real. No, he's not looking at me. Or maybe there's just something on my face and he's so bothered that he has to point it out himself. Maybe he's also annoyed with Justin's endless blabbing? Shit, what should I do?

"And then the kitty got stuck on the-"

"Uh, excuse me. You're Kellin Quinn, right?" I wanted to slap myself. Although I'm glad that he was able to shut Justin up, somehow, I want Justin to scream at my face, just to drag me right back to reality. But apparently, this is reality. This is actually happening right now. Vic Fuentes is actually standing in front of me and he asked me a question which I just delayed as I stare at him in pure awe, as if I just saw a celebrity walk in front of me, asking for directions to the nearest Starbucks. But if you are to ask me, seeing Vic Fuentes stand there in front of me is way better than seeing your favorite TV personality.

"Uh, are you alright or is this a bad timing?" He somewhat nervously ask, chuckling a little to myself. God damn! Could he be any more perfect? 

"Oh, uh, no no no, I was just uh- asking Justin here to go and get me a bottle of water. Right, Justin?" I turned my head to my bewildered best friend, my eyes silently telling him to just go away for a second so that I could finally have my way with this perfect human being in front of us.

"Huh? Oh.. Oh! Oh, yeah I was just.. About to do that yes, of course.." Justin looked like an idiot but I still mentally thank him for his wonderful attempt to be ever so smooth.

"So, uh, what-uh, what brings you here?" I ask in pure nervousness. Alright. This is it. This conversation would either make it or break it. And I sure as hell am hoping for the first one.

An effortlessly dashing smile sprawled across his perfect, delicate, angel-like face. "Well, as embarrassing as this may sound but, I am kinda flunking my Maths and Mr. Butler told me that I should maybe ask you to tutor me or something?" He ask smoothly. Although he is trying to sound embarrassed, he didn't look like it at all. He looks so calm, like nothing, not even a tropical storm could faze him. 

"Ah, yeah, of course. I could- I could teach you, of course." Okay, great. I sounded as stupid as Justin a while ago.

"Great. Could we do it later at your place? My house is kinda messed up right now." Oh well, Mister Fuentes, we sure can do it later in my house, if you insist. But of course it took everything in me to stop myself from pulling those words out from my mouth. Geez, I really needed to calm down.

"Yeah, of course. That's- that's fine." I am a stuttering mess but I didn't care because as soon as those words left my mouth, Vic, without any warnings or whatsoever, winked at me as he raised a hand waving as he went back to his own lunch table.

"Dude, what just happened? What did he say?" my over-the-top happy best friend came sprinting down my direction.

"Vic Fuentes is going to my house after school." I said, the same wide smile tugging at the end of my lips, leaving me rather looking like a complete love-struck idiot.