Shinichiro - a giving lover

shinichiro sano's love knows no bounds. although he himself was never taught how to love growing up (an empty house isn't much of a mentor), it seemed to come naturally. in spite of having so much on his plate with the children, the shop, the gang, you; he always manages to find time to give out his love, unsparingly and unconditionally. it's a tough life, even on the good days his nasty vice can attests to how taxing it could be, still, he juggled everything with a smile on his handsome face. you ask him about it late at nights, your cold hands resting on his bare chest feeling the heat of his body under your palms. he promises he's fine, his eyebrows creasing at the worry painted across your pretty face, the last thing he wanted was trouble you, he wanted was to make your life as smooth sailing as he possibly could. his palm feels rough as it engulfs your cheek, making you look at him as he orders you to believe him, you reply by dipping your head and kissing his thumb hovering over your lips. you won't argue, but his heavy lids and bruised under eyes always gave him away, he was tired, so you roll over on the bed, propping yourself up with your elbows before taking his cigar and replacing it with your lips. he gives himself away so much you worry he'll run out someday, you'll come home to find him a lifeless husk after he gave away his beating heart to someone who asked. you on the other hand are selfish, want him all to yourself, want everything good in the world wrapped in a pretty box with a bow on top and delivered at his doorstep because he deserves it, because you've never known such selflessness and kindness and you'll do anything to make him feel how adored he is.

his kind of love comes only once in a lifetime if you're lucky. in time you learn the secret recipe to the sweetest man alive are mikey-dough and emma-chip. after they heard you calling him sweetie one early morning they barged into the room asking what kind of 'sweet' he was. you'd told them he was a tasty chocolate chip cookie as emma walked over to your side of the bed giggling, you pulled back the sheets and she settled on your lap while mikey sprawled himself at the feet of the bed asking, "is he the soft type of chocolate chip cookie?" you'd laughed nodding yes, shinichiro was definitely the soft kind. your boyfriend was smiling as he extinguished his morning cigarette and crawled over to pull mikey into a tickle lock, the blonde boy's laughter filling the room as you began braiding emmas hair. 'can i be a chocolate chip?' you'd smiled at the timid girl's sweet thought and said yes, 'mikey can be the dough, together we make shinichiro.' she added and your heart warmed at the realization, that was exactly the case, these two tiny suns were the source of shinichiro's unwavering light. the morning routine resumed, being a saturday meant you both got to spend the day in with the children and according to mikey's snack calendar it was pancake saturday. again. shinichiro was lethal in the kitchen, the batter wasn't even ready and he already had the three of you covered in flour, a cup of milk spilt on the counter, and two cracked eggs on the wooden floor. minutes later you were finally stirring the incorporated batter when shinichiro reentered with the kids and cleaning supplies, mikey was in his arms and emma clung to his leg. 'hey, they wanted to tell you something.' you turn to the small babies but emma hides behind shinichiro's leg and mikey buries his face into his neck, whispering but not really whispering, 'you tell her.' shinichiro throws you a small wink, giving emma's braided hair a pat and mikey's arm a squeeze, ' they said since emma is the chocolate chip, mikey is the dough, and i'm a soft cookie,' he gives you a grin when he says that part, 'they want you to be the milk, because we're a family.' the whisk goes limp in your hand and you feel your throat close up, the tears spill before you even know you're crying because your heart is so full "oh babe" shinichiro's voice reaches you just as his arms do, engulfing you in a bear hug, mikey gets sandwiched in between you two and emma quickly runs to grab on to your leg. "tell her how much we love her so she doesn't cry" shinichiro instructs the kids and a sweet chorus of i love yous ensue, followed by mikey's sticky fingers wiping at your cheeks.

801 words