Chapter 7

"That was a stupid ass line." I stated. 

Eric laughed. 

"You realize that this conversation has not been effective right? I still think you're a liar and I'm still very much pissed." I said. 

"Come on an adventure with me tomorrow. See what I do from my perspective." Eric said. 

"Oh ya. I'd love to be an accomplice to your crimes! Why didn't you ask me that before?" I said sarcastically. 

"Well, it's a win win situation for you." Eric stated. 

"How so?" 

"Either you will agree with me and understand why I do what I do, or you will have caught me in the act and you can turn me in with tons of evidence." He replied. 

"Fine then. You're practically turning yourself in, but whatever." I replied. 

"Great. Let's get some rest and I will take you in the morning to meet my team. "

"Team?" I asked.

"You'll see. Come on." Eric stated, walking towards his bedroom.

"W-what? No. I'll take the couch." I said. 

"No. You're sleeping in the bed where I can keep an eye on you and make sure you don't run away." 

"Then you're taking the floor because there is no chance in hell I'm sleeping beside you." I said. 

"Fine. Your loss I guess." Eric said. 

I rolled my eyes. He's always been cocky but he's being extra tonight. 

Eric whipped a t-shirt at me. "Hey!" I yelled. 

"Do you want to sleep in your dress? I mean, I wouldn't mind." 

I wasn't going to dignify him with a response. I went into the bathroom and changed into the t-shirt. I went back into the bedroom to find Eric "asleep" in his bed. I'm positive he was faking so he wouldn't have to sleep on the floor. I debated pushing him off the bed but I decided not to put up a fight, I'm too tired. 

The morning

I woke up to see Eric laying next to me. I forgot everything for a moment, I just looked at his sleeping face. He looked so handsome and peaceful. Nope! I was not letting myself oggle at him. I got up and went to the kitchen to make coffee. 

"Hmmm. Not everyday there is a beautiful girl in my kitchen making me coffee and breakfast." Eric said, walking out of his bedroom. 

"It's not for you. I made coffee and breakfast for myself." I said. 

"When did you become so sassy?" Eric asked. 

"About the same time I found out you are a liar." 

Eric scoffed. 

"Are you ready to go?" Eric asked.

"Not particularly. I don't have clothes and I'm certainly not wearing your Nirvana t-shirt."  I answered.

"Wear it in the car and I'll have one of the girls on my team bring you clothes." 

"Fine." I said. 

We left Erics apartment. I felt very uncomfortable, I was in very few clothes. We pulled up to an older industrial building. Eric got out and opened my door for me. "I can open my own doors thank you." I said. 

"Yes m'am." Eric replied. 

I walked into the building to find a team of 4 waiting for me. Now I was extra uncomfortable. 

AN: Hope you liked this chapter! I'm really excited for you all to meet the team. Thanks for reading!