Chapter 3

I rushed to my room, grabbed a pair of jeans and a sweater, and ran out the door. I needed to see the captain. I arrived at the precinct and went straight to his office. 

"Captain Mctague? I need evidence." I said. 

"I'm glad you came back detective. Please, Have a seat. I'll grab our files on Tomson." He replied.

I did as he asked. He came back with a stack of files and he set them in front of me. I began scanning through the files, not saying a word. I couldn't believe what I was reading, the evidence was damming, Eric was dirty. 

I felt betrayed, my best friend lied to me for years, he broke the law that he swore to protect. 

"What do you need from me Captain?" I asked. 

"We want you to gather evidence, surveil him, keep his trust. We don't just want to take him down, we want to take down his whole empire."

"Yes Sir." I replied. 

"We also want you to go undercover at an event tonight."  Said the Captain. 

"Sir, Tomson knows what I look like, he will easily spot me." I pointed out.

"You're the only one we trust. It is guaranteed he has spies in the department, we need to keep this operation between us." He replied. 

I nodded. 

"We will get you a wig, a wire, some weapons, and a dress, then it will be your job to stay out of his sight." 

"Yes Sir. What is the event?" I asked. 

"There is a gala tonight supporting troops in Afghanistan, it is really just a cover for weapons dealers, shady rich people, and mob bosses to deal. Tomson will be there tonight, no doubt. We have people that will get you in and undercover officers outside, otherwise you're on your own." 

"Don't worry Captain, I've got this." I said.

"I have no doubt Anna. Now go get ready, you've got a party to crash." 

I went to the armoury where I was given many low-key weapons. I had never had the opportunity to use cool weapons like these. They gave me heels where the stiletto turned into a knife, a small gun, a dagger strapped to my leg, and a taser that looked like lipstick. I felt like a spy, I was so ready to take down this lying SOB. 

Sorry for the short chapter, it's setting up for chapter 4 which will be epic