Chapter 5

"Are you going to let me explain myself or are you going to keep yelling at me?" Eric asked. 

"What is there to explain? You're a liar and a dirty cop, and a killer!" I yelled.

"Hey! I never kill people unless they deserve it." 

"Oh ya that makes up for everything! Why didn't you tell me that before." I mocked. 

"I don't appreciate your sarcasm Anna." Eric grumbled. 

"And I don't appreciate your gun on my back!" 

"Anna would you calm down for 2 seconds!" Eric yelled. 

We reached Eric's apartment. I don't know what his plan is but it's incredibly stupid. He unlocked the door. 

"Sit." Eric gestured to a chair. 

I did as he said. I don't think he would hurt me but I also never imagined Eric's gun on my back walking down the ally ways of New York. Eric handcuffed me to the chair. 

"Seriously?" I asked. 

"No chance you are sitting still without those. I can't have you escaping." Eric stated. 

"So, whats your plan? Keep me cuffed to this chair forever?" I asked.

"No. I wouldn't be able to deal with your complaining." He said.

I rolled my eyes. Eric walked away into his bedroom. "Hey! Where are you going?" I asked.

"To have a shower. Don't go anywhere." Eric laughed. 

Ugh! What a jerk! I need to get out of here. I thought to myself.

Even though I'm a cop, I still had my rebellious teenage years, where I learned how to pick locks. All I need is a wire. Ok, it's stupid but it could work. The only thing in my reach was the coffee table, I grabbed the remote for the TV and popped out the spring for the battery. I tried to flatten it as best as I can. After some random wire jiggling in the key hole, bingo! Time to get out of here. 

I ran for the door. I had just made it when I was slammed against thee door, pushing the doorknob into my stomach. I went for a punch. I got Eric right in the mouth. I went for a second punch but he blocked it and put me in a headlock. I pushed off the couch and smashed him into the wall behind me. While he was on the ground I tried to kick him but he grabbed my leg and flipped me onto the ground. He was on top of me, I was pinned down. 

"Well that was hot. Mr and Mrs Smith style. We done now Anna?" Eric said, still on top of me. 

"Get off me you jerk!" I yelled. 

"Aw but I don't want to." Eric replied. 

I squirmed and wiggled but couldn't get loose. 

"I will get off you, if you ask nicely." Eric mocked. 

"Please get off me you jerk!" 

"Close enough." Eric replied. 

He hopped off me. "Wanna drink?" He asked. 

"Yup. Strong one." I replied. 

He passed me a scotch on the rocks. "Nope, you drink it first." I said.

"I'm not trying to poison you Anna." Eric said sipping my drink carelessly. 

I drank it. "You said earlier you wanted to explain yourself so spill."  I stated. 

I was going for Mr and Mrs Smith vibes (one of my fav movies). Next chapter will be Eric's explanation. Thanks for reading!