Chapter 4

This is the dress I imagine Anna wearing but if you don't vibe with it, choose your own dress

This is the dress I imagine Anna wearing but if you don't vibe with it, choose your own dress. Whatever you want her to look like. Anna is as much your character as she is mine. 

I walked into the gala feeling confident as hell. I looked amazing, which sparked my confidence. I was in a tight black dress that hugged my curves, it had a slit in the side so I could easily access the dagger strapped to my upper thigh. They gave me a black wig to conceal my naturally brown hair, I would've preferred a blonde wig, but it is what it is. I had a small black clutch purse filled with weaponry, my gun, a taser, plus all my new spy-like gadgets. I felt like I should be starring in the Dangerous Woman music video, boy did I feel dangerous. 

A UC (under cover officer) was posted as a security guard by the entrance, he was there to help me breeze past security with my weapons. Once I got into the event hall, I got myself a drink and tried to blend in. I couldn't find Eric yet. The one thing that scared me about this mission was that I had no earpiece. I had no contact with the captain or any of the UC's outside, it was just me. 

I wondered the room and kept to myself until I saw him. My heart quickened, I wasn't sure if it was because I was nervous about the mission or because he looked damn good in a suit. I stayed out of his sight line and observed him. I watched him talk to mob bosses I was familiar with, shady art dealers, and lots more dangerous characters. I can't believe I didn't know this side of him existed. I got lost in watching this new version of my old best friend, it was scary. I was lost in my thoughts when a man approached me. He was the definition of tall, dark, and handsome. "Excuse me, would you like to dance?" he asked. 

I debated my response, I could join the crowd of people on the dance floor and blend in, then I wouldn't have a clear view of Eric. 

"I'd love to." I replied. 

Ugh he was too handsome, I couldn't say no. He placed his hand on my back and guided me to the dance floor. 

We chatted as we danced, his name was Daniel, he was the owner of the event hall. I told him my name was Emma and I was an accountant, no chance I was saying my real name and that I'm a cop in front of all these sketchy people.  Daniel distracted me, I had lost sight of Eric, until I heard him clear his throat, he was right behind me. 

"Excuse me, can I steal the next dance?" Eric asked Daniel. 

"S-sure." Daniel stuttered. 

Eric's hands replaced Daniels on my waist. Crap. What do I do? 

"So, you really thought you could spy on me without me noticing," Eric asked "You may have a wig on but I'd notice you in a crowd anywhere. You're the most beautiful woman in the room tonight." 

"Flattery won't work on me E." I replied.  

"How much do you know Anna?" 

"I know enough Eric. You're a lier and a traitor." I said. 

"Someone is angry." 

I wasn't angry, I was pissed, I was furious, I was heartbroken. I wanted to hurt him as badly as he hurt me. I impulsively reached for the dagger on my thigh, it wasn't there. 

"Looking for this?" Eric dangled the blade in front of my face. 

Ok, one weapon down, but I have lots more left. Eric grabbed my thigh and dipped me, he popped the heel of my shoe. 

"Would you quit reaching for weapons." Eric stated. 

I got scared, I b-lined for my clutch so I could grab my gun. I held my clutch and went digging through it. I felt Eric's hot breath on my neck behind me. 

"Anna, stop. Please." He whispered. 

Hot angry tears started filling my eyes. I was afraid, I was angry, I was feeling too many emotions.   

"We're leaving." Stated Eric. 

"No. I am not leaving with you."

"Easy way or hard way Anna, you're coming with me." Eric said. 

I suddenly felt a gun on my back. 

"Lets go. Now. Out the back so your UC's out front don't see us." He said. 

Eric and I walked out the back door, I was on my own, no reinforcement, no weapons, this wont end well.