Chapter 2

Chapter 2

"I don't think you're going to like this but we need your help detective." Captain Mctague told me, Captain Mctague was a fun loving man who was very pale with gray hair but my favorite part about him was his blue eyes they made him look like the nicest man you ever met, which was relatively true.

"It's about your partner." Captain Mctague said.

"Wha- what about him? Is he ok?" These words tied a knot around my neck. I felt like I couldn't breathe. My head was spinning. I was dizzy, "Detective are you alright?" I heard someone say.

"Sure, just continue." I lied.

As a cop, if your captain and 2 suits need to talk about your partner, it's not good.

"Um as I was saying we have reason to believe Eric Tomson is dirty."

I remember walking out of the office and then blank. I must have passed out or blacked out. 

 "Rise and shine Anna!" Tomson shook me.

"What? Eric?" I asked.

My memory was fuzzy. "How are you feeling? You okay." He asked me.

I grumbled then I remembered what Captain Mctague had told me. I shot up from my bed, ran to the bathroom and slammed the door. I had to get away from him. What if all the things Captain said were true, could my partner and best friend be a murder, terrorist, a con-artist and big fat liar! Oh god my best friend! "Anna? Are you okay?" Tomson asked.

"Uh yeah, just a little woozy." I lied again.

"Okay I'll be in the living room if you need me." He replied.

"What should I do?" I whispered to myself.

Then I remembered something my sister told me. We used to have these family friends, the Andricks. They were super nice but their daughter was so awful to Amy and I whenever she would come over Amy would say "Pretend she is me and kill her with kindness."

Perfect, I'm just going to pretend he is the exact same person that he was to me before all the horrible stuff I found out. Sounds great. I just need to pretend that my best friend, who is sitting in my living room, isn't a dirty cop. So great.

I walked from the bathroom into the hall then to the kitchen.

"Hey , want something to eat?" asked Tomson.

"No thanks." I replied.

"Wow, I've never heard you say that before. Are you sure you're feeling alright?" He asked.

I nodded. "You can go," I said, "I'm okay."

He knew something was wrong, it was one of those things I could just tell. "You should call your sister." he added as he walked out the door.

"Yes mom." I yelled back.

He laughed and shut the door behind him.