Prologue & Chapter 1

Prologue

    I held my gun, my hands were shaky. I looked at my pale fingers clutching the trigger. My grip was tight but not hard enough for it to fire. The seconds felt like hours. I kept thinking that if I pull the trigger my life will change forever. I stood there and thought back to the beginning, the beginning of these awful secrets and lies.

     Chapter 1

    The obnoxious ringing of my alarm clock sounded like a fire alarm. I reached over to my night stand to press snooze. I could feel my stiff muscles stretch out. Once the ringing stopped I rolled over in my bed. Come on Anna if you don't get up you'll be late for work I told myself over and over again then the dreaded sound of my "crystals" ringtone "Are you serious Tomson!" I yelled.

"Good morning partner." He replied sarcastically "I'll be at your place in fifteen minutes with coffee!" he continued.

"Ya, ok bye." I said

"Hey don't you dare go back to bed!" Tomson yelled.

"Bye E." I replied.

Eric Tomson is my partner at the NYPD, a dark haired , dreamy eyed, toned, tall, gorgeous man, you could say I have a little crush, that's a total lie I have an enormous crush on him. Eric and I have been best friends for 5years. Both of us joined the police academy at the same time and ever since we got into the NYPD we've been partners. We tell each other everything and know everything about each other. I couldn't imagine my life without him and that's why I'm in love with him. I know I sound crazy and I know that he doesn't feel the same about me but that's ok, he doesn't need to know how I feel, I can live with that. Thoughts scramble through my head as I brush my chocolate brown hair up into a bun then I apply mascara around my forest green eyes the same as my mother's and my twin sisters.

My relationship with my twin sister, Amy, is really hard to explain. We used to spend every second together. We were inseparable. My mom still calls us double trouble. Unfortunately my sister moved to Australia last year for work. She's a journalist for a travel magazine called "World Star" don't get me wrong, I'm happy for her but it's so lonely without her.

I walked out of my bathroom into my elephant gray bed room and put on my uniform "Webber! Your coffee is here! Along with your handsome partner. " yelled Tomson.

I jumped, took a breath and then stomped into my kitchen "Seriously E. I'm aware that you have your own key and all, but you really need to learn how to knock!" I said angrily.

"But my way is more fun!" He replied, chuckling .

"It was for emergencies only you know what, whatever, I need coffee." I said, rolling my eyes.

He handed me a large paper cup from our favorite coffee shop "I Spilled the Beans" then brushed back gorgeous black hair and smiled at me which made my heart jump. I grabbed myself a red apple from the white ceramic bowl on my marble kitchen counter "Let's go." I said.

"Do I get a thanks for the coffee?" Tomson asked.

"No, you scared me." I answered as I locked the door to my apartment.

He raised his eyebrows at me, allowing to look into his big grey eyes and then tossing me the keys to his gray dodge challenger.

"You drive." he said.

"Seriously you never let me drive?" I said surprised.

"Well Anna I'm battling a major hangover so today is your lucky day." he replied.

Once we got to the precinct we were updated on our recent case the murder of a thirty two year old gun dealer Ross Amaro apparently we had a new lead come out of nowhere, it was really strange. We left right after we heard of our new lead. "Do you need another coffee Tomson." I mocked because of his large yawn.

"Ya, can we stop on the way?" he asked

I nodded and asked "Late night?"

"You could say that." He replied.

"Oh, bad date." I said "Ok what was wrong with this one?"

I watched as Eric sighed and pushed back his hair which he does a lot. He had been on several dates lately and basically found one thing wrong with every girl he saw.

"Honestly she was the most boring person I've ever met." he replied.

I laughed "That bad huh?"

He smiled ugh I love it when he smiles. We pulled into the parking spot at Freddie Grimaldi's apartment. He was a young street dealer who apparently had a close connection with Ross Amaldi. As we walked up the stairs of probably the worst apartment complex I've ever seen. I watched Eric, he looked angry. "Tomson you okay?" I asked.

He nodded, though I wasn't so sure, I let him be.

Unfortunately our lead was a dead end, when we got there the apartment was completely empty so Tomson dropped me back off at the precinct and went to get us coffee. I had only sat down at my desk when my captain called me into his office. He sat down at his desk and asked me to sit between two men in suits one was bald with fair skin who looked like "Vin Diesel" the other was a tall black man who was smiling unlike the other man. "Captain Mctague," I paused nervously "What is this about?"