A Prince Saved By A Fellow Prince

[Disclaimer: Certain locations in this fanfic (such as the Sunset Savanna) would be modified in appearance to better suit this fanfic. And I have no idea on how Falena and Leona's mother acts, so go easy on me. Hope you understand!]

It was 2 at the palace again. Aka, Operation: Sneak Into the Queendom of Roses.

He was alone at the library again, so it was the perfect time to sneak out. Athanasios decided that today, he will repay his new found friends for their efforts. He decided to bring a picnic, since he was confident on the quality of the food in the palace. If he could go back that is.

These past few days, Athanasios learned summoning magic due to the magic tutor his father hired for him. Meaning, he could summon items from a certain range. It was very convenient, except his mana is very low.

Athanasios has an unsettling feeling in his gut whenever he thinks of his magic. The only reason his father got him a tutor was because the mysterious person aided him, that's all. It wasn't his magic that impressed his father.

At that thought, a twisted feeling settled in his chest.

Magic aside, he had successfully summoned a picnic blanket earlier. Now all that's left is a basket, some napkins, drinks, and most importantly, food.

Athanasios snapped his fingers and casted an invisibility spell. Being as quiet as possible, he headed towards the kitchen, where the needed items were stored. Along the way, he avoided some guards who were on duty. He also has to watch out for Tohru too. Because Tohru is a dragon, she has enhanced hearing. She can probably hear conversations 10 feet away if she wanted to. Which makes one wonder, why didn't he do this at night?

Upon reaching the kitchen, Athanasios slowly opened the door, and glanced around. It was completely empty at the moment. The chefs had most likely went to gather more ingredients for tonight's meal.

'Coast is clear!' He thought as he tip-toed into the kitchen.

He first opened the cupboard for the napkins and took the most ordinary napkins he could find. He didn't reveal to his friends that he was royalty, and he didn't plan on revealing that any time soon. Besides, Obelia didn't exist there, so technically he was only a normal commoner.

Unfortunately for Athanasios, he was born into a royal family. Meaning, they don't stock up on cheap materials and items. Most of the napkins were silk, easily revealing a noble status. So he could only settle for some plain white and gold lining napkins, and pray they don't ask about it.

Next, he took out a large, rectangular wooden basket they used for picnics. He then placed the napkins inside and searched for the food.

Earlier today, he asked Tohru to prepare some sandwiches and lemonade in case he gets hungry at night, to which she happily obliged. He found them wrapped and stored in the refrigerator and took them out. He specifically told her not to put dragon meat in them, but he wasn't so sure if Tohru would follow. She can be quite disobedient sometimes.

Next, he took out the lemonade that was prepared today, and placed the closeable pitcher inside the basket.

He also found some macarons and madeline cookies in the pantry, so he wrapped them each in napkins with some string he found. He then placed them into the basket, and shut it tight. Now all that's left is to retreat back to the library.

Without wasting any time, he took the basket and headed back to his secret nook. He cursed under his breath at how heavy the basket was. Maybe he should have resorted to a smaller pitcher, but oh well. There's no time to go back if he didn't want to be caught but the new guards.