A Cat, a Clover, and a Rose

[A little note that I will be following JP terms of the game. For example, in JP, Chenya is known as "Alchemi Alchemivich Pinka," but in EN it's written as "Artemiy Artemiyevich Pinker." Hope you understand :) ]

A can't believe I forgot the most important aspect of the rewrite 😭. Okay, for those who haven't read the previous rewrite, please do! This chapter underwent a major revamp. For those who did, the edited parts are when Athanasios entered the Queendom of Roses and at the end of the chapter (right before Liberation Secrets). They're important, so please go back and read those!

It was currently nighttime, and Athanasios was being tucked into bed by Tohru.

"Please rest well, your highness."

"You don't have to keep doing this, I'm not a child anymore," Athanasios pouted.

Tohru pumped up her fist.

"Tucking his highness into bed every night is the duty of his personal maid!" She exclaimed with a determined face.

Athanasios sweat dropped.

"You're too energetic, I won't be able to fall asleep anymore."

Tohru gasped. "I'm so sorry your highness! I shall go repent my mistakes!" She yelled before rushing towards the door.

As she exited, she turned to bow one last time and wished him good night. "Sweet dreams, your highness!"

Athanasios watched as Tohru closed his bedroom door. He could still hear her feet thumping against the floor as she ran.

"Tohru is energetic as always," he mumbled. He turned over to his side, thinking back to today's events. 'I wonder when I can hang out with father again...' he thought with a hint of anticipation. Although his outing with his father was cut short, he can't wait to do it again. Maybe tomorrow?

Athanasios sighed regretfully as he readjusted his sleeping position to something more comfortable. If only she didn't show up. Why was she there anyway? Isn't the Ruby Palace miles away from the Imperial Palace? Surely nobody is that irresponsible to leave her alone for that long? And all those jewels... did she steal them? How indecent for a princess. But actually biting a statue? Of his father? Now that's unbecoming and inexcusable. It was a scandal to the Obelia name. Someone should hire an etiquette teacher for her... but the again, father wouldn't care.

'So why should I?'

Athanasios tossed and turned all night, thoughts of his sister plaguing his mind. After so many years, he finally saw her for the first time. She was more frail than he expected. And dirty. Her hair was unkempt, her dress was wrinkled, and... the scene of her biting the statue kept replaying in his mind. It looked like she was devouring the statue with the anger in her eyes. Was she not treated well in the Ruby Palace? No, Felix is keeping his eyes on her so it's impossible... But what if?

"Aaaaaaahh!!!" Athanasios groaned into his pillow in frustration. Princess this, princess that. Would she just get out of his head already?

Athanasios groaned as he turned on his back, sleep deprived eyes staring blankly at the ceiling.

'As I thought, a curse is just a curse.'

꧁꧂

The sun glared through the midnight curtains, the birds chirping loudly. Tohru hummed a very offtuned song as she skipped towards Athanasios's chambers. It was 8 o'clock, the young prince's wake time. 8 o'clock is always Tohru's favorite time of the day. Can you guess why?