Run in With a Princess

As Athanasios was finishing the last bit of fruit, a maid bursted into the dining room, which alerted both Tohru and the prince.

"How dare you! You should knock-"

Tohru didn't get to finish her words as the maid ran up to Athanasios before bowing.

"P-please excuse me, but his majesty requests for your presence!"

No one spoke for a while. Tohru was currently dumbfounded, and Athanasios was in shock.

'Did that coward of an emperor finally realize his ways?'

'I get... to spend time with father?'

The maid, who was still bowing, shook in fear as the silence continued.

'Did I say something wrong?! Oh no, am I going to get beheaded?! I haven't even fell in love yet!'

Athanasios was the first to snap out of his stupor. He blinked before fake coughing into his hand.

"I see. Thank you for telling me, I'll head over there right now."

"Yes your highness," the maid said shakily before rushing out of the room.

This angered Tohru as Athanasios's personal maid.

"How improper! You do not run in his highness's presence! Your highness, I'll be sure to reach her a lesson!"

"No need," Athanasios sweat dropped. "She's new here right? Give her time to learn without using force."

Tohru's angry demeanor instantly turned a whole 180. "How generous, as expected of his highness!"

꧁꧂

As Athanasios walked towards the gate, he noticed a familiar red-haired knight standing near it.

It was Felix, Claude's personal guard.

"Your highness," Felix bowed as he noticed Athanasios's presence.

"Felix," Athanasios nodded in greeting. "Did father need something?"

Felix shook his head. "No your highness, his majesty wanted to invite you for a stroll in the garden."

Athanasios hummed, but secretly he was excited. "Alright, let's head there now."

"Yes your highness," Felix bowed as he started to escort Athanasios.

"Please, do just call me Athanasios. It's uncomfortable being called by that title."

"I'll put that in mind your highness!"

"Felix..."

"Ah! Sorry your- Athanasios!"

Athanasios sighed. Why is everyone so insistent on calling him by his title? Even Tohru as well. He's just a normal human too if you took it away...