Prologue

[First few chapters will be set in Athanasios's childhood.]

Seven year old Athanasios stared out the window, where the sun shone brightly and butterflies danced in the air.

"Your highness!"

Athanasios jolted before turning around, meeting his personal maid, Tohru, standing near his bedroom door.

"Your highness, it's time for breakfast!"

See, Tohru was no normal maid. Well, normal in terms of work but... she was definitely not a normal human.

Tohru is what people here call dracotaur. A half human, half dragon hybrid.

They are viewed differently between the classes. A creature to be feared of from the commoners, and a weapon to the nobles.

But that was just on the surface. Athanasios knew fairly well that Tohru wasn't a dracotaur, but in fact an actual dragon disguised as one. He, however, doesn't know the reasons why.

Race aside, Tohru was just an ordinary maid in terms of work. She cleaned and served the Sapphire Palace, just like every other maid.

She's bubbly and cheerful, but lovable at the same time. Her clinginess and devotion, however, irks Athanasios to no end at times.

꧁꧂

"Your highness! I've personally prepared the bath for you, please do get in while it's hot! And these clothes over here, I've personally coated it with my saliva to remove all those icky germs!"

"What do you mean his highness is ugly and irritable?! How dare you! He's the most cutest, handsomest, kindest, and most beautiful prince you've ever met, unlike you grotesque maids!"

"I've told you, his highness likes three cubes of sugar in this tea, not two, not five! Get it right you insolent maids!"

"Hah?! What do you mean you won't serve his highness his favorite omelette rice?! The eggs and rice are just sitting there waiting, what's stopping you?! WHAT?! Because you're too lazy?! Well, you can say goodbye to your second head."

꧁꧂

See, Tohru's personality is a bit... complicated. In front of the other nobles and her peers, she's seen as a serious person who won't idly chat with others. But when it comes to the prince, she turns a whole 180 into someone bubbly a̶n̶d̶ p̶o̶s̶s̶e̶s̶s̶i̶v̶e̶. The servants were convinced that she has bipolar disorder.

But other than that, she's a pretty ordinary maid.

"I see, what's for breakfast then?" Athanasios asked as he hopped off his bed.

"I'm glad you asked!" Tohru clapped her hands. "His highness will be having some flatbread with cream cheese, with a side of fruits! And I know his highness hates salads, so I replaced it with two sandwiches!"