Prologue

Mirabel's Pov:

There were cracks walls and it grew even bigger than before. Abuela decided that Isabella's proposal was going to happen first before Antonio's gift ceremony. Since Abuela is the head of the house, everything had to go her way.

I tried hiding the cracks but they grew bigger and bigger that it was impossible to hide. Dolores told everyone about Bruno's vision. Tía Pepa's rain cloud grew bigger and it rained heavily. Dolores soon shouted out the entire thing but in the wrong conception.

Now everyone began to think it was my fault -and it was- especially Isabella. I didn't mean for this to happen at all. The casita was soon starting to crumble and I had to get the candle. I ignored everything and everyone just so the casita would be saved. I got the candle but the casita came crashing down.

The casita saved me thankfully but the candle... because of all the dust... it died down. The miracle was gone. "I didn't mean for all this to happen," tears were forming in my eyes. "Mirabel!" my mother, Julieta came running to me, embracing me into a big warm hug.

"I'm sorry Mamá..." I cried in her arms. I looked up and saw Abuela and she didn't look so happy. I let go of mamá and stood up and showed the candle Abuela. "I'm so so sorry! I didn't know that this would happen! I s-" Abuela cut me off with a slap on my cheek.

"How dare you?!" Abuela screamed at me. "The family was completely fine till you came! Isabella's proposal is ruined because of you! Bruno left because of you! The casita has fallen because of you! Antonio won't get a gift because of you! This is all happening because of you! I don't know why you don't have a gift but that doesn't mean you have to bring trouble to the family!" I was astonished by what Abuela was saying.

"But this wasn't entirely my fault!" I laughed it off thinking this was some sort of joke. "What do you think is so funny?!" Abuela raised her voice even louder, making my sensitive ears hurt. I was so shocked. "I asked my Pedro for a miracle but he sent me a disaster and a disappointment!" my heart shattered into a million pieces hearing her words.

"I can help putting back together if you want?" I asked with a shaky voice. "No! Leave until everything is fixed!" I left, tears filling in my eyes as everyone looks at me. I asked for places to stay but no one would let me in. I was homeless for the time being. I watched the casita get built each day. Day by day my mother would send me some food and blankets.

You're probably wondering where I'm staying right? Well I'm staying on the mountains. Of course I didn't let my mother know about this so I would collect the food and blankets myself. Finally the casita was built and I was allowed to come back. Abuela took the doorknob and placed it in its position.

The miracle came back to life and everyone clapped for Abuela praising her. There was a party to be held for the celebration. Everyone got there gifts back and everything was back to the way it was. Well not everything. "Mirabel!" I looked back and saw Abuela. "Yes Abuela!" I stood up tall, feeling my glasses tilting a bit. I shifted them back and smiled nervously.

"I'm only going to say this once and clear! This is the only family event you are going to be attending! You are no longer allowed to any family events ever again!" I didn't want to believe it. "What?! Abuela you can't do that!" I laughed a bit hearing this. "You think everything is funny don't you?" Abuela's voice was serious. I was lost for words.

"No please! I promised Antonio that I was coming for his gift ceremony!" I told Abuela begging for her merry. "I've made my mind judging by what happened last week I don't think so!" I cried to my room, sobbing on my bed. "What am I going to do?!" I cried myself go sleep missing out on the party.