Chapter 3: Music

Hello! I'm just here to tell you that the song that Reader enjoys in this chapter is Dad's Song by Set It Off. Bye bye!

"What is this place?" I mumbled into my giraffe's head, wary to touch anything.

"A motel." Cassy responded, looking down at me with a reassuring glance. I nodded and sat down on a bed, next to Dean. He was already getting comfy, placing down his bags somewhere in the corner. I looked down at my own bag, now held in my tiny hand. I pulled out the small storybook entitled 'Just the Two of Us', I opened it and read over the note my father had left, written in pen.

"Hey kiddo, sorry I'm not there. Ever. But I hope you find some comfort out of this.
Someday, I hope it'll be just the two of us.
-Your dad (Gabriel)"

I cracked the smallest of smiles, my lips merely teasing a grin. I started humming the tune to the song that most reminded me of him. Scary-Face tussled my hair to get me out of it.

"Come on, kid. We gotta go see someone." I looked up, Cas was already gone, doing something. So, I decided that I'd cling to Dean for the duration of this 'seeing someone'. I held Dean's hand and got up.

"Who are we seeing? I only know a few people; Crowley, you, Sam, and Cassy. And I'm not sure Cassy's even a people!" I tossed my hands up.

"Well, first, your grammar's a little off. Second, we're actually seeing someone you know, unfortunately. Crowley." Sam finally said something.

"Oh, okay. Let's go, then!" I romped off to the door, holding my giraffe's 'hand'. Dean chuckled and opened it, so I didn't have to wait. I quickly remembered the car I was in before and skipped over to it. Grabbing the passenger door handle and opening it to the car inside.

"What do you think you're doing?" Sam chuckled, walking outside, seeing me in his seat.

"Sitting." I answered, pretending not to know what he was asking about.

"No, you're stealing my seat, Seat Stealer!" He swooped into the car and lifted me out in one swift movement.

"Nuh-uh!" I laughed, "I was sitting! I didn't see your name on it!"

"Both of you, quit it, before you're left back there." Dean smirked, ending our fight almost as fast as it started.

"You're no fun, Scary-Face!" I smiled back, now in the back.

"I am so fun!" Dean retorted, "And since when was I called 'Scary-Face?'"

"Since now!" I giggled.

"I like that name, it suits you." Sam looked toward Dean.

"You both," Dean waved a wild finger at us while driving, "Are the worst."

"Hey!" I shouted at him, this was going to be a fun trip.