(14) Lies and Liars

Start from the beginning

"You need to work on that habit of yours. It's not good to have for the future."

"Right. Uh, there's something I want to talk about regarding me," I nervously said.

"What is it?"

I gulped and said, "Kikimora told me something that threw me off after my training, and I want to get to the bottom of it."

"What did she say to you?" Belos looked closely at me.

"We argued about Lilith and her plan to the point where Kiki was ticked off and told me that she should have left me when I was an infant. What does she mean by that? Is there something you're not telling me?" I grew impatient each second, wanting to know the answers to my questions. Belos sighed before a small grin appeared again.

"I kept this secret long enough and now that you're old enough to know the truth, I shall tell you. You were almost two years old when Kikimora found you alone near a river that's close to my kingdom. She noticed you were malnourished and figured it would be better to end your suffering but figured it would be better to bring you in for me to decide for or against it. I chose to keep you alive and work for me as you got older. I had Kikimora and Lilith take care of you while I was busy with my duties."

"So you lied to me this whole time?" I was in disbelief.

"I did it for you. I made Kiki and Lilith lie to you so you wouldn't feel out of place. I made sure you referred me as your uncle instead of a stranger who kept you," Belos explained.

"You should've told me the truth in the beginning. Maybe I would've been better off dead instead. Now that I know you've all lied to me, I won't know anything about my real family or where I came from. I don't know if they are dead or alive. I won't ever know if they left me to die on my own," I balled my hands up into a fist as tears began to form. I felt so many emotions at once and it was hard to push them aside.

"I don't regret lying to you. You've made it this far and you won't be turning back. Worry about the present and future instead of the past. It'll hold you back from accomplishing things that I want you to finish. You have a real family and that's me. Do you understand?"

I allowed my tears to fall before replying, "I-I understand."

"Wipe those tears away. That's a sign of weakness. I've taught you that before. Keep your head up high and don't allow your emotions get to you. You need to save your energy in case Lilith doesn't come by tonight. Gather any items you need so that you're ready to leave."

"Yes sir." My uncle left while I quickly wiped away my tears. I felt distraught and alone. No one in this castle is related to me. I have no family. The thought of it makes me feel lonely. It's like nobody will ever understand my situation and what I'm going through. I'll never know what it's like to have a real family. I'm all alone in this cruel world.

--------------------------------------------

Luz's POV

"I can't believe Lilith Clawthorne is here of all people."

"Not only that but she's willing to help us," I added.

"It's weird that she came here out of nowhere. When my father told my family and I that Lilith is here, I thought he was joking around," Amity said.

"He certainly was not," I threw myself back against Amity's bed, staring at the ceiling. Amity held my hand before laying down next to me. Her head was turned, feeling my girlfriend's eyes on me. I turned my head to her and brought her hand to my lips, kissing the back of it and laid it back down.

I gave her a smile before saying, "I hope this plan works. I'm ready to defeat Belos and never have to worry about any danger that'll approach us."

"Same here. Then, we can travel around the world together. Just the two of us," Amity beamed.