Chapter 12

(Dipper pov)

1 year later

I wake up feeling someone gently shaking my shoulder. I open my eyes and sit up seeing it's Mabel. "Hey, I think you slept through your alarm. I just finished setting the sun."

"Oh, sorry." Getting up I go to the window and raise the moon, putting the stars up accordingly.

Ever since me and Mable made up a year ago she has done everything she can to hear out my complaints and compromise better, and I appreciate that I really do. There are just still some things that anger me enough for me to start seeing the darkness creeping on my skin again. I know that I can't just keep these feelings inside or the darkness will get worse, so I try to at least talk to her or Bill about it more. Talking never was my stong suit to be honest though.

Mabel pulls me out of my thoughts as she hugs me from behind. "Happy birthday, Dipper."

"Yeah....." I just mumble, feeling the tingling pain on my fingers knowing that it's the darkness once again creeping back. Just like always, Mable never came to me to let me know what the hell was going on for our birthday. So if I had to guess it would be no different than all our other birthdays. Without warning she ties a blindfold over my eyes. "Mabel? What's the meaning of this?"

"It's a blindfold, silly."

"I know what it is. I just don't understand why you tied it over my eyes like this."

"Because I planned a surprise for our birthday and I just know that you are going to love it. That is a promise."

She grips my hand leading me out of the room and down several stairs.

I feel her gently push me into a room and I hear the door close behind me. I reach up to take the blindfold off of me when a hand gently grabs my wrists and I am surprised at the familiar lips that crash onto mine. My wing feels a pair of leathery bat-like wings that comfirms my suspicions.

"Bill?"

"Ding ding. Give the winner a prize." I feel him put his arm around my shoulders leading me further into the room.

"What is going on? Was this stupid blindfold your idea?"

"Yes it was. Everything else was your sister's idea, and I must say that she really has outdone herself this time." Before I can question him further he takes the blindfold off of me and I gasp looking around the room.

There are sun and moon decorations spread out all over the room. "I didn't even know that we had moon decorations."

"You didn't but Mable took it upon herself to make some. She said it was about time that you felt welcomed in your own damn home. Her exact words not mine."

"This was all her doing?"

"Yup. She was such a perfectionist about everything that she would literally not let me touch a single thing." Looking back down at my hands I see that the darkness I had felt on my fingers is gone. Bill gently holds both of my hands in his. "It still happening?"

"Not as often. Just....no one told me about any birthday plans so I had just assumed that she was forgetting to include me again."

"Well now you know that she wasn't." With a snap of his fingers I hear music start to play. Looking around I can't see where it's coming from but he takes me by both of my hands dancing me around the smile as I laugh slightly. Knowing the song I sing the lyrics for him.

"You could never know what it's like
Your blood like winter freezes just like ice
And there's a cold lonely light that shines from you
You'll wind up like the wreck you hide behind that mask you use

And did you think this fool could never win?
Well look at me, I'm coming back again
I got a taste of love in a simple way
And if you need to know while I'm still standing you just fade away

Don't you know I'm still standing better than I ever did
Looking like a true survivor, feeling like a little kid
I'm still standing after all this time
Picking up the pieces of my life without you on my mind

I'm still standing, yeah, yeah, yeah

Once I never could hope to win
You starting down the road leaving me again
The threats you made were meant to cut me down
And if our love was just a circus you'd be a clown by now

Don't you know I'm still standing better than I ever did
Looking like a true survivor, feeling like a little kid
I'm still standing after all this time
Picking up the pieces of my life without you on my mind

I'm still standing, yeah, yeah, yeah

Don't you know I'm still standing better than I ever did
Looking like a true survivor, feeling like a little kid
I'm still standing after all this time
Picking up the pieces of my life without you on my mind

I'm still standing, yeah, yeah, yeah
I'm still standing, yeah, yeah, yeah"

As the song finishes he pulls me to his chest pecking me on the lips softly.

Mabel peeks her head into the room. "Is now a good time?"

"Yeah, now is a perfect time for it." Bill answers for me.

Before I can question what 'it' is, she comes into the room wheeling a cake on a cart over. As it gets closer I see that half the cake is all sunlight but the other half is all night and moon and stars.

"Did you make this yourself?" I look at her as she keeps her hands folded in front of her.

"Yeah. I know that you wanted to be part of planning things but I wanted to do this as one last big surprise for you. You haven't even seen the best part."

She points up and looking up I gasp in awe.

On the ceiling is a large painting of the moon and stars, all of them somehow being correct with how the actual night sky is.

"They change on how the actual night sky actually looks like. What do you think? Do you like it?"

"Like it? No, not at all.....I fucking love it!" I smile as I feel her hug me again, content with how things for all of us turned out after all.

The End