Chapter 7

(Mabel pov)

2 years later

I watch in horror as he screams in pain, white streaks of electricity spreading all across his body before his whole body goes limp and he falls to the ground. The demon runs over and slides on his knees managing to catch Dipper at the last minute but he doesn't move or anything. He just lays limp in the demon's arms without a movement or sound.

"No no no no...." The demon mutters and I see tears falling down his cheeks and onto my little brother. "Come on, y-you can't do this to me, Dipper. Please wake up." He shakes Dipper's shoulders but still nothing. "For the love of anything just fucking wake up!" He holds my brother to his chest as he sobs before he looks at me glaring as the tears fall down his face faster. "You.....you fucking bitch! What did you do to him?!"

"I....I don't.....I don't know..." I look at my bracelet before looking at him again. I had worn this bracelet my entire life but I've never seen it do anything like this before. "He was going to kill me-"

"And he very well should have! You treat him like dirt!"

"He is my brother! I love him!"

"And I love him with only knowing him for a single fucking day! You only love him know because you might have just fucking killed him you monster! He isn't the monster in the skies, it's you! This is all your fault!"

........................................

"No!" I scream as I sit up in bed, feeling tears going down my cheeks. I wipe them away before pulling my knees to my chest. I hate that dream. Ever since....ever since that happened I've just been having that dream every night. The raising of the sun and moon relies only on me but I don't want this. I just want my little brother back. He hasn't woken up since then and I don't know if he ever will.

"That demon was right....this is all my fault."

Getting up I pull on my bathrobe as I wander the halls, shame and regret fill me as I remember my last conversation with him before he changed.

"Why do you keep doing this? You don't see me constantly sneaking out and breaking the rules."

"That's because you're too busy being useful and you don't because people would see you in the day."

"Well it's not my fault that you are useless and just coop yourself up in your room all the time."

I am a monster. How could I have said that to my own brother? How could I have never seen how much he was hurting, not only by the actions of our people but because of everything I didn't do for him?

"Fate has been cruel and order unkind
How can I have sent you away?
The blame was my own, the punishment, yours
The harmony's silent today

But into the stillness I'll bring you a song
And I will your company keep
'Till your tired eyes and my lullabies
Have carried you softly to sleep

Once did a girl who shone like the sun
Look out on her kingdom and sigh
She smiled and said, "Surely, there is nobody
So lovely and so well beloved as I"

So great was her reign and so brilliant her glory
That long was the shadow she cast
Which fell dark upon the young brother she loved
And grew only darker as days and nights passed

Lullay moon prince, goodnight brother mine
Rest now in moonlight's embrace
Bear up my lullaby, winds of the earth
Through cloud, and through sky, and through space

Carry the peace and the coolness of night
And carry my sorrow in kind
Dipper, you're loved so much more than you know
Forgive me for being so blind

Soon did that girl take notice that others
Did not give her brother his due
And neither had she loved him as he deserved
She watched as her brother's unhappiness grew

But such is the way of the limelight, it sweetly
Takes hold of the mind of its host
And that foolish girl did nothing to stop
The destruction of one who had needed her most

Lullay moon prince, goodnight brother mine
Rest now in moonlight's embrace
Bear up my lullaby, winds of the earth
Through cloud, and through sky, and through space

Carry the peace and the coolness of night
And carry my sorrow in kind
Dipper, you're loved so much more than you know
May troubles be far from your mind
and forgive me for being so blind

The years now before us
Fearful and unknown
I never imagined
I'd face them on my own

May these thousand winters
Swiftly pass, I pray
I love you, I miss you
All these miles away

May all your dreams be sweet tonight
Safe upon your bed of moonlight
And know not of sadness, pain, or care
And when I dream, I'll fly away and meet you there

Sleep
Sleep
Sleep"

I stop outside Dipper's door and my hand reaches for it but it stops only a few inches away from the door. I can't I can't.

I sink to my knees as I become overhwhelmed with the shame and guilt of what I let happen to him. It shouldn't be like this. How could I have let this happen? I am the eldest, I am supposed to fucking protect him! And instead I just made everything so much fucking worse!

I put a hand over my mouth to muffle my sobs as I rest my forehead on the door. "Dipper....I....I am so so sorry....I never wanted this to happen. I know that I am going to be spending the rest of my life trying to atone for what I've done."

Standing up I slowly open the door for the first time since he's been put in here and I gasp seeing that demon cradling my brother's body in his arms.

He sees me standing there and just glares at me before picking up my brother he jumps out the window and I helplessly watch as they both plummet towards earth.