Chapter 8

(Dipper pov)

I groan as my eyes slowly open, everything blurry. It takes a few minutes for my vision to clear up I am overjoyed to see the face looking down at me. "Bill....."

"You're awake!" He hugs me tightly as my hands grasp onto his shirt before he helps me to my feet. I look around seeing we're back in the forest.

"Wait what happened? I was fighting Mabel and then she shot this pink energy at me. I can't remember anything else."

"I don't know what that pink beam was but it....it hurt you and made you go to sleep."

"How long?" He looks away from me not answering. I put my hand to Bill's cheek making him look at him. I barely realize that my hands and wings are still pitch black. "Bill, how long was I asleep for?"

".....two years....you were alseep for two years..."

"What?!" I back away from him, anger and a turmoil of emotions burning through me. "How come you waited so long to wake me up!"

"It took me a long time to get the right things for the spell to wake you up and then it took me even longer to be able to get you out of that place." He picks up a pink bracelet off the ground. "This is what your sister used and it shot out that pink beam. But now that we have it so she won't be able to hurt you again."

"So what's the plan?"

"What do you mean plan?"

"I mean how we are going to get back at her for everything. For everything she's done to the both of us."

"With all due respect, she never out right did anything to me."

"Are you fucking kidding? She took me away from you! How is that not doing anything to you?!"

"Dipper, please just calm down."

"Why! Why should I!"

"The....the darkness on your arms is spreading."

I look down at my arms and see he's right but I don't care.

"So what?" I look back up at him, my hands glowing vibrant blue again. "This darkness has given me a power that I had never dreamed of. But you are just like everyone else and want to take it away from me!"

"Dipper, you know that isn't true. Just listen to me, you are angry. I get that. Believe me I know what it's like. But you are making a mistake." He walks towards me as I keep backing away from him.

"The path of hate is a dangerous track
You take one step and it's hard to turn back
It pulls you along
And though it seems wrong it feels right

Don't you see this path you're on leaves a permanent mark
It feels good at first, then it slowly turns dark
With each passing day
You're further astray from the light

Suddenly, you lose your way and lose the thread
Lose your cool, then lose your head
Every loss is harder to excuse

Then you'll see you'll lose your faith and lose your soul
'Til you lose complete control
And realize there's nothing left to lose
Nothing left to lose" I turn away from him as he puts a hand on my shoulder.

"Dipper, trust me. Becoming the villian isn't the answer."

Tears in my eyes I swat his hand off of me as I turn to him. "Is that what you think I am?!" He backs up this time as I advance towards him. I can feel the darkness creeping up past my arms and up my shoulders but I don't give a fucking damn.

"The path I'm on is a path paved in black
I'm taking that road and I'm not looking back
Each twist and each turn
Leads straight where I'm yearning to go

Yes, it's true, my path is dark but I see where it ends
My rivals will fall as my power ascends
Despise me, that's fine
I'm taking what's mine even so" I fly up to the tree branches above and walk along them as I look down at him.

"Not like you
You lost your nerve, you lost the game
But you and I, we're not the same
I'm not lost, this fate was mine to choose

So I chose to lose my doubts and lose my chains
Lose each weakness that remains
Now that I have nothing left to lose
Nothing left to lose"

I fly up into the sky and before I can get to far he flies up right in front of me, circling around me as I try to drown him out.

"You have so much to hold onto
I only want my rightful dues
Listen please, you've lost your grip
And lost your mind (I'm not gonna lose)
All's not lost, don't be so blind (I refuse)
Cut your losses, drop the IOUs (I refuse)

Oh-oh, choose

I lose no tears and lose no sleep
What I want I'll take and keep (It's time for you to choose)
You can't stop the turning on the screws"

"Dipper if you would just listen-"

"No! Just shut the fuck up!" I wave my hand towards him and with horror I watch as one of the blue flames hits him right in the chest and sends him crashing back into the trees below.

"Now I have nothing left to lose"

I put a hand over my mouth realizing what I just did, tears cascading down my cheeks. With pain I realize that the darkness has traveled up my neck now.

I fly back down to the forest fly and run over to Bill, helping him sit up painfully.

"I-I am so sorry....I didn't mean to hurt you.....you're right. This darkness is on me is spreading everywhere and it feels like it's fueled by all of the anger I've kept inside of me for years. But at the same time, I don't care if it gets worse. If it helps me hurt her then I want this darkness. But I also know that I shouldn't think this way either."

"Dipper." He puts his hand to my cheek gently wiping my tears away. "It's okay. I just.....the reason I don't spend much time in hell is because some time ago someone wronged me. So I gave into the darkness that lives inside of me and made him pay. Since then no one likes to be around me. That's why I spend so much time up here on earth instead."

"What am I supposed to do then? D-Do I give in to the darkness? Do I fight it?"

"I can't just tell you what to do. But whatever it is, I will be here for you no matter what because I love who you are. Darkness or no darkness. That doesn't matter to me." He pulls me to his chest with his arms wrapped around me. I sigh as he runs his hand through my hair, content with him being here for whichever way I go.

".....I know what I have to do......and I need your help for it."