Chapter 1

(Dipper pov)

I sit on the stairs as the party goes on, being bored out of my mind. It's me and Mable's 19th birthday but no one is really remembering how it's my birthday as much as hers. For one, all the decorations are only about the sun which is her power. The cake even looks like the sun. And speaking of the cake, they wrote her name on it so big that you can barely see my own name on it. No one had me help plan the party as you can see. And to top it all off, no one had bothered to wake me up properly for my own damn birthday party. I only woke up because the music was so loud. No one has even noticed me here since I first came down.

My watch beeps pulling me out of my thoughts. I get up walking across the party floor over to Mabel who was talking to some friends of hers. "Mabel." She turns to me. "It's time."

"Come on, Dipper, can't I just keep the sun up for a little bit longer? Pretty please?"

"No. We go over this every night. If your sun stays up, then no one on earth will get proper rest and then everything will be out of balance."

"Okay okay. No need to make a scene on my birthday."

"I wasn't. And it's my birthday too......" I mumble but she's already walking over to the balcony lowering the sun. We pass each other as I raise up the moon, putting the stars in the proper spots in the sky. I allow myself to slightly smile once I see the big dipper.

Heading back inside I see everyone just finished singing 'Happy Birthday' and Mabel just blew out the candles on our cake. Without me. I clench my hands angrily as I slip away from the party and head back upstairs to my room.

Once I close my door and am alone, I lean back against it letting myself sink to the floor as hot tears from anger spill down my cheeks.

"It isn't fair....why is she so much more special then me? I didn't choose to be sensitive to sunlight. I didn't choose to be the one that raises the moon instead of the sun. So why is she so much better then me?"

I look up seeing my globe in the corner of the room blinking. Getting up I go over to it. This globe was a gift from Mable when we were little. It's supposed to tell you how many people are awake during the night. She has one that does the same except for the mornings. I think she thought it would be a good gift but really it became a depressing one when I realized no one ever was awake at night.

But now, there is a red dot in America, the state of Oregon I think. Who would be up this late? This has never happened before.

Wiping my tears away I set the globe down before pulling on my cloak. I open my window and jump out it, diving down towards earth.

I open my wings flying so close to the treetops that if I reached out I would be able to touch the leaves. I see a flash of yellow and then it's gone. I land in the forest, my wings folded behind my back as I look around for any sign of someone being awake.

"Hello? Is anyone out there?" I pull my hood up over my head. "I know that someone is out there. Just come on out please. I promise that I won't hurt you."

Hearing a crash behind me I see someone dressed in yellow slumped against the ground. I walk over to him, reaching my hand out for his shoulder when his eyes open and the back of his hand whips out making contact with the side of my face and knock me to the ground. "DON'T FUCKING TOUCH ME!"

Putting a hand to my mouth I realize that I'm bleeding. I look at him as he stands up and it's only now that I see his black wings, horns, and pointed tail.

Fear spreads though me as I hurridly try to scoot back away from him. "D-Demon...." I mutter as my back makes contact with a tree.

Before I can move he slams his boot on my wing making me cry out in pain as I'm trapped against the tree. "Well well well, what do we have here?"