Chapter 9

(Dipper pov)

I help Bill up to his feet after informing him about my plan. "Are you sure you're okay to be on your feet, Bill?"

"Don't worry about me." He presses Mabel's bracelet in my hand before he kisses my forehead. "Just go up there. I'll be waiting for your signal."

I give him a small smile before I fly back up to the castle and sit on the balcony to the throne room, watching Mabel pacing nervously inside and talking to herself.

"Why won't it work? For two years I've been able to raise and set the moon in his....because of his condition....but now when I try it's like there's something resisting me. Why though? And why did that demon take Dipper? Where would he have taken him in the first place?"

"Life is a bitch when it doesn' work out for you, isn't it?"

She jumps as she turns and sees me there. "Dipper? You're......you're awake? Since when?"

"About an hour ago." I jump off the railing walking into the throne room. I notice that she flinches away from me slightly and keeps grabbing at her wrist. "Looking for this?" I take her bracelet out of my pocket and her face tells me all I need to know.

"H-How did you get that? I kept it locked up-"

"In your jewelry box that I gave you and just kept it under your bed hoping no one would find it? That's pretty predictable. And there are benefits to having a demon for a boyfriend."

"The darkness on you is spreading."

"So what?"

"How much longer until there is nothing left of you? You are changing, Dipper."

"Maybe I am just changing for the better after all the shit you put me through!"

"Dipper!"

"What?! What could be so fucking important, Mabel!"

"This has to stop now
Whatever it is that you're going through
We'll fix it together, me and you
Just like we've always done" She steps towards me reaching for me but I just jerk back snarling in disgust.

"No! This has to stop now
This thing where you think that you've been my friend
And don't even hear how you condescend
The way you've always done

Dipper, listen (I'm listening)
I know it isn't true (Isn't it?)
Just look into my eyes now (Well?)
I know you feel it too (Perhaps I do)
Dipper, listen (I'm listening)
I swear it's not too late
So before another line gets crossed
And everything we've had is lost
Just... wait

My hands angrily clench into fists as I can't stand to hear this for any longer.

"Wait?
No, I won't wait

There's a line between the winners and the losers
There's a line between the chosen and the rest
And I've done the best I could
But I've always known just where we stood
Me here with the luckless
You there with the blessed" I walk back onto the balcony, resting my hands on the railing as I look up at the moon before turning and glaring at Mabel who came up next to me.

"And that line between the beggars and the choosers
Is a line you've never let me quite ignore
How I've tried to jump that great divide
But I've never got the chances you were given" I jump up onto the railing before turning to Mabel.

"You don't know how much I've been denied
Well, I'm not being patient anymore" I jump back off the railing and fly up into the night sky, watching as she flies after me just like I knew whe would.

"I'm crossing the line!
And I'm done holding back
So look out, clear the track
It's my turn!

I'm taking what's mine!
Every drop, every smidge
If I'm burning a bridge
Let it burn
But I'm crossing the line!

And for us, if we're over
That's fine
I'm crossing the line"

I hold my hand up towards the sky as a vibrant blue beam blast up towards the moon again and just like before the sky goes blood red.

"Is this just your plan? Making sure that the moon can never be lowered again so that people will finally give you the attention you think you deserve? And to add to the list you decide to steal my bracelet for no good reason?"

"I simply stole it for this reason." I hold it out in my hand towards her. She reaches for it but right before she can touch it, my hand lights up in blue flames destroying it.

"No no! Why would you do that? You monster!"

"There it is. The real Mabel Pines that I know. The one who acts all happy and friendly to the rest of the world but is really ready to stab you in the back as long as she got to step ahead." I let the broken bracelet fall to the ground. "And my plan isn't just to make it an everlasting night forever. I honestly no longer care if the world ever gives me the credit that I deserve."

"Then why are you doing this? What more could you possibly want?"

"I am doing this because of you!"

"Me? What on earth are you talking about?"

"19 years. For the last 19 years you have treated me like extreme shit. I never did anything to you."

"You tried to kill me!"

"I realized that I deserved better than you ever treated me! That I am as much of a person as you! That in fact, I am better than you! And you shot a pink beam at me without knowing if it would kill me or not!"

"But it didn't. All it did was put you to sleep."

"For years. Two fucking years! That isn't just sleeping, that is a coma! So now I am going to stop at nothing until the entire world is in as much pain and misery that you caused me my entire life."

Looking behind me I watch as the ground erupts and hundreds of demons fly out of it.

"Dipper.....w-what have you done?"