Chapter 4

(Dipper pov)

I sit up on the bed and look over at Bill who was laying next to me fast asleep. Afte he sang for me, we both kind of fell asleep and took a long nap. He looks so peaceful like this. I know that I've only known him for about a day, but already he's changed my entire world. I don't know if I have ever had this much fun with anyone in my life.

Getting up I change out of my royal clothes and into a black Pierce the Veils shirt and a pair of skinny jeans before pulling on some converses. Pulling my curtain open slightly I see that Mabel is setting the sun, an hour late though. I just sigh as I raise the moon and arrange the stars accordingly.

I go over to Bill, gently shaking his shoulder to wake him up. He sits up rubbing his eyes. "What is it?"

"Come on, the sun finally set. Lets get the heck out of here."

"Jeez, you really can't swear can you." He stands up going to the window.

"I can, just not that word."

"Come on, birdie." He opens my window jumping out and I follow after him.

"Stop calling me birdie. I am not a stupid bird."

"You have feathers like one."

"So? You have horns like a bull but I don't call you a bull."

"Touche. How about you sing something while we're out here? It's going to be a long night after all."

"And why on earth would I do that?"

"Because I sang something for you. So it's only fair."

I sigh, not liking people hearing me sing that much since I tended to like music that wasn't just prayer hymns. "Fine."

"Surf to me
Whatever you want
And whenever you're breezing through
Keep tearing my world apart" I fly up towards the moon, reaching a hand out hearing Bill flying behind me.
"As we lost the light
Wet cash on the bar
She fell victim to a violent wave
And died on the jagged rocks

But don't believe it's a never-ending summer 'cause they don't exist
Tied around your tongue in all the rage and spit
So why am I the one falling apart?" I let myself fall towards the earth and Bill dives down after me.

"'Cause you don't even know you're an angel
Foolish am I for the times I come and go
These stars defy love, so I close my eyes
And sleep inside your worn-in bed outline" I fly back up in front of Bill, my fingers trailing up his chest.

"Splash over your body while you drown on me
You ain't seen nothin' yet, enter the galaxy of our sober demise
To the young and without type
In the morning hear all the birds sing, it never stops
Then, with tears in your eyes
You smiled dressed in Coppertone tan lines
Oh, oh, I hope you don't regret me

Don't believe it's a never-ending summer 'cause they don't exist
Tied around your tongue in all the rage and spit
So why am I the one falling apart?" I let myself fall again and Bill falls right with me. I cup his cheek in my hand feeling tears stinging my eyes.

"'Cause you don't even know you're an angel
Foolish am I for the times I come and go
These stars defy love, so I close my eyes
And sleep inside your worn-in bed
And it won't be long 'till we drop this match
When I burn to your fingertips, you can throw what's left" He wraps his arms around me and flies up to the sky with me. I gently kick off of him boosting myself higher, flying up more as I reach our trying to touch the stars just at least once.

"So long, let's go and play those games you like
Let's go and play those games you like

But don't believe
'Cause yesterday I found her with her clothes still wet
Crying in the shower on her knees she screamed
"Why the fuck am I falling apart?"" Feeling tears falling down my cheeks I dive down towards the earth with no intent of ever pulling up again.

"'Cause you don't even know you're an angel
Foolish am I for the times I come and go
These stars defy love, so close my eyes
And sleep inside your worn-in bed
And it woke me up
Like a heart attack
When you talk in your sleep I'll be there to slow your breath"

I feel Bill wrap his arms around me from behind and helps slow our descent. Our feet land softly on the ground as he gently makes me turn around to look at him. I try to wipe away my tears as he gently grabs my wrists.

"I-I'm s-sorry.....I know that I shouldn't be crying like a baby like this and that I shouldn't have even sang in the first place."

"Calm down. Why would you say those awful things about yourself?"

"Because it's true. I just bother everyone around me with these stupid feelings. It would be better for everyone if I just kept quiet and said nothing ever."

"Dipper." He holds my face in his hands forcing me to look up at him as he wipes my tears away gently. "That is not true at all. What you have to say truly matters."

"No it doesn't because I am just some stupid, low life, unimportant, piece of-"

"That's not true, Dipper!" He holds onto my face tighter. "You are not stupid. Or a low life or unimportant. You are a great person."

"You don't even know me."

"I know you enough. You are kind, you care about things. You're unique. and you like badass music. Just because your sister and the other angels act one way doesn't mean that you have to be just like them. You deserve just as much respect as anyone else."

Before I can say anything he pulls me to his chest, his wings enveloping me in a warm embrace. I just close my eyes enjoying the moment.