"You are going to do great, calm down," She says lightly patting my shoulder and she walks away. The coach starts talking about how we have to stick together and play as a team, then starts pumping us up but I have it muffled. I am staring at the field and hoping I do good.

"Thunder on three. 1, 2, 3," The coach yells.

"Thunder!" Everyone yells in sync and we all run out onto the field. I take my spot at third base, swiping the dirt under me and jumping up and down, trying to set myself at ease. The warm-up ball comes rolling to me so I field it and throw it to 1st. I breathe in and out.

"Batter up!" The ump yells and the crowd's noise emerges. I breathe and the first pitch blows by her. Strike. The next one she fouls off. 0-2. I breathe in. Pitch is thrown. Strike 3. Out 1. We throw the ball around the infield, as a strikeout celebration and the next batter steps up. I didn't get the ball hit to me in the first inning, but now it was time to bat. I am batting third. I breathe in and out, sliding on my batting gloves and setting my helmet on my head. I take a grip on my bat and make my way through the dugout. I stand watching the game through the fence in front of me. Hit in to play, out. I breathe in and run behind everyone to get to the other side. I start timing up the pitcher. The ball is thrown, and I swing, again and again until my timing is perfect. We end up getting out again and I tense. I walk over to my batter's box. Before stepping in putting up my hand so I get time to settle. I hit the dirt off my cleats and put one foot in.

"LET'S GO Y/N!!" I hear my friends scream. I breathe in and out. I touch each side of the plate and swing my bat in a circle. I set my stance. The pitcher goes back, followed by a lung and the ball is released. I step but don't swing. Ball one. I step out and breathe until I step back in. I hear my friends screaming, and Tommy's voice sticks out from the crowd. The ball comes through the zone, I swing. Foul ball. I take a step out, for a little longer this time, and step back in. The same pitch comes. I step and let my hands follow. I hit it. I drop my bat and sprint. It hits the ground. I turn the corner. They pick it up. I sprint to second base. They throw it to the base. I let my body fall to the ground sliding in. Safe. I stand up and wipe off the loose dirt. "YES Y/N!" "WOOOOO!" That is all I can hear as I smile and let myself breathe. I get ready on the base and the ball is hit. I sprint off the base and it lands in the outfield. I make it to third safely but I decide to risk it and sprint home. I turn the corner sharply and the other team is yelling, "HOME!" It's a race. The ball versus me. The throw is high so I slide underneath. "SAFE!" The ump yells. I hear screams erupt from the dugout and we continue the inning.

After 3 innings it is 2-1, we are winning. I am first up this inning so I step up to the plate. I do my routine and set myself up. The pitch comes. It takes less than a second until the ball makes contact with my skin. Nailing me in the calf. I toss my bat by the dugout and squat down. I jump up and down as I wince in pain. I walk to first base and touch the spot it made contact with immediately pulling my hand away in pain. I get my lead after the pitch is thrown, and the catcher throws the ball behind me. I dive back into the base. Safe. "WHAT'S YOUR DEAL!" My teammate spits toward the other team. I know they did that because I was just hurt but I try not to let it get to me. I take my lead and it is thrown behind me again. Forcing me to dive back at the base once again, I was easily safe and the coach makes a comment to the other coach that I don't hear. I manage to get home during the inning along with one other teammate so the score bumps up, 4-1. 

The game goes on and then I am up again. Feeling slightly scared, I step up to the plate. The first pitch is inside, I bounce out of the way. I take a shaky breath and step back in. Inside again. 2-0. I turn around and take a step away from the box staring at the fans. I spot Techno tensed and yelling, "YOU GOT THIS!" I take a step back into the box. She throws it inside again, but not off the plate. I take a hack at it, sending it far into the distance. I watch as the ball flows through the air and over the fence. Cheering erupts from everyone as I run around the bases. I turn every corner softly and the I make it to the plate. My team lined up and jumped as I touched the plate. I get smacked in the helmet and hugged. We walk into the dugout and I sit down on the bench. I set my calf up on the bench and peak at the bruise underneath my sock. I peel it back and see a massive black and purple bruise. I pull my sock back up and cheer on my teammates. "Y/n!" I hear a yell and a punch to the fence. I turn around and see Techno and Wil.