Chapter 23

A/N:

This chapter is about y/n's first tournament with her softball team. If you don't enjoy/like sports a short recap will be at the very end. (But, I still think the chapter is entertaining.) Also, please vote on this story and give suggestions for future books or your favorite parts of this book in the comments. Thank you all for reading. I love you guys!! Happy reading :)

After a few more long weeks things started to feel very normal. I went to school talked to my friends and family then went to Softball practice. Techno and I helped each other, talking about our struggles at the end of the week or when something came up. Which made us become very close, our bond is unbreakable. I listened to Wil sing and play guitar all of the time. Tommy and I would always play Minecraft together and we raced. A lot. Everything was all going great. I can't see how things could get worse. Life is the best it has ever been.

The ringing radiates off the walls, causing me to groan and turn it off. I roll out of bed and get ready for the day. I put on black leggings and a white crewneck with a little Nike logo in the middle. I also slide on some basic shoes. I put my hair back in a ponytail and check my schedule for the day. In big letters, it says FIRST TOURNAMENT. I quickly realize it is already Friday, and I have my tournament. Energy radiates through my body and I go downstairs. "Big day," Phil says and I smile, "Are you excited?"

"Of course I am!" I say practically bouncing out of my shoes. He laughs and I continue to the table. Techno slides me a small bowl of cereal. I look at it and cringe at first. Remembering how good the cereal is and how I want to get better pushes me to sit with Techno. I start eating and Techno smiles at me. I end up finishing the entire bowl. Did I feel good when doing it? Not really. It still pains me knowing how much food I am eating but it was good for me. I follow Techno to the sink, dropping my empty bowl. He squishes me into a hug and we laugh.  I grab my stuff and we head out the door. While we are sitting in the car I look at my messages. First the Super Six:

Lani: WHO IS COMING TO THE TOURNAMENT GAMES TONIGHT! I AM SO READY TO BE YOUR BIGGEST CHEERLEADER!!

Drista: I AM GOING!!!!

Eryn: ME ME ME!

Freddie: Sounds awesome!!

Hannah: Super pumped!

Y/n: Awww thanks, guys.

Lani: I am going to scream so loud. 

Drista: LETS GO Y/N

Eryn: YEAHHHHHHH

I laugh putting away the chat and opening the Softball one. That chat is pretty boring unless we are texting post-game. It's normally just reminders and seeing who is going to show up. It was pretty boring so I responded with an "I'm so excited!" and closed it out. Then we arrived at school. I walk in and go through my schedule. A softball hype video for the tournament was present on the announcements and I was impressed by the camera work they had going on. We get through the day slowly until the last bell rang, I was out the door in seconds. I went down to the locker room and we all changed into our teal and gray jerseys. I slid on the under armor black shirt with the jersey over top. The sliding shorts and socks were next, followed by the pants and the belt. I tucked in the jersey and walked out of the stall. I looked at my body, every single bit, I hate it. I then moved my way over to everyone else, slid on my cleats, and fixed my ponytail. We then took first tournament selfies and a few other pictures, like us in a line and with all of our numbers showing. After a little bit of chatting, we moved over to the field with all of our bags. We hung our bags on the fence and saw the other team walking out. We started to get our gloves on for warm-ups and started playing catch. I played with Puffy until she started warming up for pitching and I moved to grounders. After that, I did a few swings off a tee and soon enough I was waiting in the dugout and the game was minutes away. I look over at the full bleachers, I see my friends and family, I stare for a few seconds and get jittery. All of a sudden I feel a hand on my shoulder. I whip my head around and it is Puffy.