Chapter 1

ring ring ring  The buzzing of my alarm woke my not-so-peaceful slumber. Waking up with aches and pains lacing my body. Slightly sweaty and my bones felt broken. I stretch my sore arms and go into the bathroom. Staring into the cracked mirror at my hideous body. Grabbing loads of fat and my huge chest. Why couldn't I have a flat chest and a skinny body? I look at my rolls and chubby figure and go to the bathroom, wash up and get ready for the day. I get on my blue oversized hoodie and black leggings, just so I look somewhat presentable for adoption day, so Mrs. Grey doesn't yell at me too much. Speak of the devil, I hear three large pounds on my door, startling me as I allow her to come in. 

"Back with the blue hoodie, get downstairs in five minutes to get looked at with all the other kids. You know the drill."  I go to speak but am immediately cut off, "And no you don't get breakfast this morning, you are fat enough, that is why you get sent back." I didn't want to eat anyway. I shook my head yes and she laughed shutting my door a little too loud.

I walk downstairs and sit on the white beanbag in the corner of the giant room. Yeah like a 13-year-old girl will get fostered, they only want the young ones. I sit back and fiddle with the fidget toy I snuck down here. It is supposed to be nothing allowed in adoption rooms because it is "rude and inappropriate" but I have given up on getting a home. Fidgeting with my white and blue cube ring with a switch, buttons, joystick, worry stone, combination lock, and turning dial I wait for the families to come in.

Once the clock hits 9 the place starts to fill with people I see a few couples, a few kids who were lucky enough to have parents alive, and a few workers, but no Mrs. Grey. I keep playing with my fidget cube staring at the ceiling when I get tapped. I jolt up "there's a family who wants to speak with you." one of the random workers says. I nod and she directs me to room 7.

I walk in with eyes beaming at me. I immediately clench my fists and sit at my side of the table. While keeping my breathing under control the oldest man starts speaking. He has blonde hair a white and green bucket hat, with fairly short hair. He is about 5'9 and is dressed in a dark green button-down and black jeans. "Hi I am Philza, you can call me Phil and these are my three sons. What is your name?" 

"I'm y/n and I am 13 years old." I try to get the basics out as fast as possible so it isn't long and awkward.

"Hello, I am Technoblade, you can call me Techno, I am 18." This one is tall, like 6"3 and he has long pink hair and a white button-down. Accompanied by blue jeans and a red backward hat. He speaks in a monotone, and I would say he is scary but any person can be a bad guy, they can look like a normal person. 

"Hey, I am Wilbur, you can call me Wil and I am 17." This one speaks with a lot more sympathy and is very tall. Like really fucking tall. The guy is at least 6"5-6"6 and has long hair for a boy but it is still all above his shoulders, unlike his brother. He is wearing a black beanie, a yellow sweater, and black jeans.

"Hi, I am Tommy! I am 15 and the coolest brother you could have," the excitement radiated off the kid, he is bouncing in his seat.

"Tommy," Phil says somewhat strict and disappointed tone, but also with laughter traced in his voice. I am guessing Tommy always acts like this.

Tommy is slightly taller than his dad. He is about 5"11 max.  With blonde hair and a red and white baseball shirt. And he also has blue jeans on, just like his brothers. Tommy is easily the most energetic out of the family and is very excited to get a new sibling. But, if they pick me they will trade me in for a new one in a month. I start panicking because of the uncomfortable silence so I start flicking the switch on my fidget cube.

"Hey, y/n I see you have a fidget cube ring, I have one in black and white. I was wondering, why do you use yours?" Wil asks, he is the most sympathetic in the group, you can feel the empathy from his soft tone and simple word choice. 

The panic rises as I grip it tightly. "Umm, well, I got it from my mom. Before I came here. She had anxiety too and it helped her," I shove the tears that are rising to my eyes down. My mom. My dad. They're gone. And it was my fault. I drop the sadness on my face and look up to Wil, Techno, Tommy, and Phil. Shit, I ruined my chances by talking about my dead parents.

"Oh well, Phil got me the cube because I have anxiety too. More specifically Social Anxiety."

I nod at Wilbur's comment when Tommy jumps in, "This is depressing. I say we talk about fun things, like," Tommy thought for a second, and Phil jumped in, "We all play Minecraft. Do you play any games?"

"I play Minecraft as well," This excites me. Normally, the families are pretty boring and hurtful. Wait, wait, don't get your hopes up y/n. They will probably just give you back in two weeks. 

All of a sudden Mrs. Grey opens the door, making me visibly tense. "Times up, we are busy today. Y/n, no one else wants to talk with you, I am surprised you got one family interested in you. But, don't worry they will probably give you back in a month too, just like your, what is it now 47 foster homes?"

"67," I sigh. She always does this.

"Oh sorry, I guess I didn't count one of your 8 years here. Go to your room. I will tell you if this great family decides to foster you," I look at her and nod slowly hopping up from my seat and walking out the door waving goodbye to the Watsons. 

Word Count: 1074