"Right, yeah..." He nodded to himself, looking down at his fiddling hands. For a moment, I could see some sort of nervous smile pulling at his lips like he was too bashful to say what was on his mind... and then he did. "So uh, I think she thinks we fucked." He winced slightly like he was preparing himself for my reaction, and my eyes immediately widened.

"What?!"

"Just- context clues. I don't know, I'm just guessing-" He began to giggle to himself and clamped his hand over his mouth, looking like he wanted to rip the laugh off of his lips as he stopped and composed himself. "I just thought I'd let you know, because I felt really awkward downstairs when I realised she probably thought that, so I wanted to give you a warning, y'know?"

"You should've told her-" I started, quickly realising that I was about to say something stupid. Unfortunately, I didn't have to finish the sentence for Calum to pick up on where I was going with it.

"What, should I have just outta nowhere been like 'by the way, didn't fuck your best friend last night. Know it totally seems that way but don't worry', or what?" The amused look on his face really made it hard for me to keep feeling stressed about the situation he'd just introduced to me, and instead I began to laugh myself.

"Okay maybe not- but- does it really seem like we did?" My hand nervously pressed to my smiling mouth as I tried to put all the pieces together in my head.

"Well uh- I came home with you, stayed in your room, then showed up in your kitchen in a pair of pyjama bottoms that aren't mine, so yeah kind of. Not to mention, I'm now back in your room which probably isn't helping."

"Calum!" I gasped, looking to my door in shock as if suddenly thinking Sameera or someone else would be outside of it listening in. "This is why I should've slept on the couch."

"But then I would've been lonely." Calum out on a pout, and I began to giggle. "And even if we didn't fuck, I still had fun with you last night." He cocked his head to the side and I pressed my lips together to hold back that smile.

"Even if?" I said mockingly, raising my eyebrows at him and seeing him quickly hold his hands up in defence.

"I meant even though. Wait-... yeah, even though." He nodded confidently, crossing his arms over his chest with a grin. I narrowed my eyes at him, thinking there was still another implication to that phrasing... but I ignored it.

"I had fun with you too." I admitted shyly, crossing my arms and leaning back in my chair. Calum smiled genuinely at me, and then I looked down at my lap. "Sameera is probably going to interrogate the fuck out of me though. I'll have to convince her that we did not... y'know." I rolled my eyes, letting out a slight chuckle although the thought of having that conversation with Sameera did actually stress me out.

"Would it be that bad if we did?" Calum asked lowly and my eyebrows furrowed. He noticed my expression and was quick to mirror it, widening his own eyes and then letting out a panicked laugh. "No I meant- not that we should've. Not saying we should... necessarily. No, I meant that if we had, would it be bad? Like would Sameera be mad, or something? That's all." He explained as calmly as possible, clearing his throat at the end and averting his eyes away from me; meanwhile my mouth moved into an 'o' shape as I realised what he meant.

"I uh..." I tried to give a serious answer, but couldn't help but giggle at Calum's frantic attempt to assure me that he wasn't saying what it sounded like he was saying...

"Are you laughing at me?" He asked with narrowed eyes, and that only made me laugh more.

"What? No- definitely not. Don't worry about it." I pulled my lips into my mouth in an attempt to stop laughing, but it just made my cheeks hurt. Calum just rolled his eyes at me and flopped back down on my bed... and I decided to use that distraction as an excuse to respectfully not answer his question.