first day of the last week

Tw from beginning: small panic/ anxiety attack

I walked outside and immediately I felt my heartbeat increasing as I became more anxious with every step towards my school.

Even though it was the same 15 minute walk I took every day for years, in this moment it felt like the minutes were hours.

As I got closer to school I saw the gate and different faces I recognised from the younger years. I tried to keep my head down and act normal but every second I seemed to look behind me fearing that my wings had somehow became visible. Every time I walked past a group of people I felt as if all their eyes were on me, looking, waiting for me to mess up in some way.

"(Y/n)!" Ellie shouted excitedly causing me to flinch and make my breath more uneven, "(y/n) are you ok, im sorry I didn't mean to scare you that bad," she said immediately feeling guilty.

"It-it's fine I know you are just excited to see me, after all I have missed 2 weeks if school," I said looking behind me just in case.

"You sure you never seemed to react before when I try to scare you, are you sure you're alright" Ellie said worried.

I tried to think of a quick excuse, "I'm ummm worried that someone will find out I am (u/n)," I said quietly. It wasn't a complete lie. I was slightly worried someone would find out my Twitch name. My username could make me crowded by people however if even a single person found out about my wings that's it, me and potentially all the others would be in danger.

I was pulled out of my thoughts by Ellie excitedly whispering, "oh of course miss famous (u/n) don't want to get swarmed," she started laughing and I joined in with a nervous laugh.

Suddenly the bell rang making me flinch slightly again.

"Haha, yeah, well I've got to get to class now it seems, bye," I said (they are in the same year but different groups).

"Ok, but are you sure you're good (y/n)," Ellie asked again.

"What me, yes I'm completely fine," I said mentaly facepalming.

"Ok if you say your fine I'll believe you but if anything has happened you can trust me alright," I nodded, "Alright then, bye (y/n)," heard Ellie say as she began to walk to her class. That was the first time I was glad to hear the bell I thought with a small smile. I walked inside the main building feeling slightly less nervous which was replaced with slight excitement at the last school week ahead.

I got out my timetable (excited, happy even) to check what the first lesson was, and in that moment my smile disappeared. My first lesson was history.