Chapter Twenty-Two

Welcome to chapter 22, yep I am back writing again! Sorry for the delay, unexpected hospital stay has set me behind - I wanted to say a massive thank you to everyone who has read, commented or voted so far, I really appreciate you all for taking the time - now there will be more regular updates on all stories and to say sorry this is an extra long chapter - so enjoy!!!

Minho POV

When Newt came back into the cabin, I can't help but notice there seemed to be a bit more of a bounce in his step and is he blushing?

"What is making you blush like a little schoolgirl?" I ask teasing him as I know exactly what the answer is as I knew he had been with Thomas.

"I'm not blushing like a schoolgirl, thank you very much. It is just warm outside and that is what is making my cheeks so red. Oh by the way, you are going for a morning run with Thomas, he asked me if I knew anyone. Night!" Newt quickly spat out before darting into the sleeping area leaving me standing mouth wide open, trying to digest what he had just spat out.

Next morning

By time morning came around I was itching to go for my run, but it felt different today as Thomas was coming with me, no Minho it is Stiles I need to remember that today. I keep thinking back to the first time that he ran into the Maze as the doors closed to save two giant Shanks he had only just met and barely spoke too.

"Hey Minho! Ready for this today." Newt states slapping me on the back as he joins me in the cold morning air, last time he saw me off on a run was when me and Alby decided to go look for Ben and try and work out how he got stung in the day; a shiver ran down my back as I thought back to the moment the Griever woke up and stung Alby.

"When have you ever known me not ready to go for a run?" I state giving him a gentle nudge trying to hide any nervous I was feeling from him, right now I just needed to be a normal person going on a run with someone who on more than one occasion has saved my life and is one of my best friends but doesn't remember.

"Nice try but I have known you way to long to not see how nervous you are right now Minho. Don't worry, the only things you need to remember is his name is Stiles and not Thomas, also this is the first time you are properly meeting." Newt states before swiftly turning around and starts waving as I see Thomas approaching us, I can see him messing with his hands showing me he is also feeling nervous.

"Hey Stiles, glad you came. This is a very good friend of mine, this is Minho." Newt states as he gives Thomas a quick hug before blushing again and letting him go and pointing to me.

"Hey T.. Stiles. It is lovely to meet you, my buddy here says you like to go for a run and fancied some company." I advise as I reach out and shake his hand as I stumble over my words and almost call him Thomas instead of Stiles.

"Wouldn't say I like running but when I was trapped in the Maze the only thing to do was run or make up stories, so it came a kind of habit more than anything else. Shall we?" Stiles states before checking his shoes are tied and setting off in a steady pace towards the edge of the camp, I quickly say goodbye to Newt before heading off after him. I notice that he is heading out of the camp and towards town.

"So anywhere in particular we are running to or are we just taking a gentle run?" I ask him after about 2 miles of steady running and pretty limited conversation unless you are interested in the weather or what is on the lunch menu for today.

He doesn't answer and just keeps running until he suddenly changes direction to head in to the reserve area right on the edge of town, I lose sight of him as he races through the trees, okay this is not how I expected this to go.

"Stiles, I think we should head back now!" I state loudly hoping he was near enough to still be able to see me, if I go back to the Haven without him Newt would skin me alive.