Chapter Two

Welcome to Chapter Two - thank you already to everyone who has voted, read and commented on this story - I have had this idea floating in my head for a while so feels nice to show it to others - as this is another long chapter I am going to dive right in, so enjoy!!

Stiles POV

Home! That one word that use to seem so simple and easy now is just such a mystery to me, I felt at home when you held me in your arms, followed me on my crazy ideas, calmed me down when I was scared but most of all you loved me for me, even when I didn't even know who I was.

I thought maybe once I saw Scott and Melissa again I would find that sense of belonging and safety once again that I had been missing while I was at the Safe Haven, but instead I am fighting every urge in me that is screaming to me to grab my bag and run as far away as I can away from here. Melissa helps me with changing the dressings and I can see the look in her eyes that she is hiding from the rest of her face, it's that look that she wants to ask but doesn't know how.

"Thanks for the help, I should be down in a few minutes." I state while placing a fake smile on my face knowing that doing this was the only way I was going to get through today.

As I finish getting myself sorted, I look into the mirror and I am surprised at the person I see looking back at me as I don't recognise at first it is me. I am certainly not the same person I once was when I first stepped inside this room, I bend down and grab the necklace out of my bag before securing it around my neck.

I tuck it gently inside my shirt so the main pendant part is resting against my heart, as I grab my jacket I hear the sound of more voices arriving downstairs and I gather that Scott has called everyone to say I am back. I suppose a quick hello here is better then a big reveal at the wedding upstaging Scott's big day.

If only he was still here, we could have made it a double wedding, oh how I wish I could have just swept him off his feet and ran as far away as I could and not look back. I quickly wipe the stray tear rolling down my cheek before composing myself and place on my jacket before heading downstairs.

As I reach the bottom of the stairs the voices get louder and I take a quick look to see who was present and can spot Dad, Liam, Rafael and Chris. It wasn't until she spoke that I realise that Lydia was present in the room, well all I needed now was Sourwolf to barge through the door and I would be set.

"Something else is wrong with him, isn't it?" Lydia asks as her voice shakes as she speaks, no need for several guesses on who they were speaking about. Of course, Melissa would have informed them over what she had seen but I am curious to hear what she says in answer so remain still to listen to her answer.

"I am not an expert but I will say I think he is suffering with depression and maybe even PTSD. I do however think that even though his wounds have been treated, he is going to need a trip to the Hospital after the wedding." Melissa advises and I am not really surprise by what she says, I knew as soon as I arrived back someone at some point would suggest either Melissa checks me over or I am sent to the hospital. I suppose there is no point hiding or waiting anymore to show myself, might as well pull the plaster off and get it over and done with.

"Alright I am ready for this circus. Oh sorry, did I interrupt something then?" I advise while stepping into the kitchen making myself know to everyone. They all stop what they were doing to stop and look at me, I know I need to say something like before so they don't suspect I was listening in.

"What do I have something on my face?" I ask while touching my face and moving to look in the surface even though I know nothing is there.

"Stiles! It is really you!" Dad states before rushing towards me before wrapping me in the tightest bear hug possible. I hold in the scream as pain shoots through me as he presses me tightly into him, I don't want to ruin this moment because this is exactly what I have been missing.