Ch. 17

3rd pov

"fix your scarf! You'll catch a cold if you don't" (y/n) said as she fixed his messy scarf.

He purposely messed it up so that (y/n) will fix it for him.

She noticed it before, but she played along since it made him somewhat happy

It's a small happiness he had, so she let him get away with it

"okay lovebirds, can we go now?" ikkaku mumbled as (y/n) laughs softly

"yep.. Come on" (y/n) breathes and held his cold hand.

Due to (y/n) being a Phoenix, her warmth just makes law glad.

They walked through a snow filled forest, the snow crunching under their feet as it made marks on the white ground.

Then a loud howl was heard, followed by hurried crunching of the snow that slowly becomes audible as it sounded louder and louder.

The crew behind law and (y/n) shivered, both in the cold and fear of wolves.

"hello gobta" (y/n) hums softly as a person riding a huge wolf was in front of them.

"huh? Lady (y/n)!" the person said as he slid down the wolf.

(y/n) hums softly as the little goblin grinned.

"y-you know him?" shachi shakily asked.

"of course I do, this is gobta, one of rimuru's great soldiers and his shadow wolf" (y/n) said

"gee... Not exactly a soldier but... Thanks" gobta blushed

"heh, I see you're the one in patrol?" (y/n) asked as gobta climbed up his wolf and walked with them towards the island city.

"yep. So, what brings you here Lady (y/n)?" gobta asked

"just passed by... How's everyone here? The last time I remember, you, all fought against clayman... How'd it went?" (y/n) asked

"oh, I wasn't there... But... I know demon lord milim is there and the small fairy one"

"haha... Call an ancient demon lord fariy thing..." (y/n) laughed as gobta did so, too.

"oh! And as I remember, rimuru-sama said it was a success..."

"really? That's good"

"yep. Oh! Not to mention two demon lords vowed loyalty to milim..."

"now it's just eight of them, let me guess, octagram, isn't it?"

"smart as always Lady (y/n),"

"why does everyone highlight me being smart? I don't mind but it's annoying" (y/n) grumbled making law chuckle.

"haha, of course" gobta said as they reached the village.

A huge village, consists of both humans and monsters alike, living peacefully and in perfect harmony

"wow... This place is huge" the others hummed

"you know you have jobs to do. Go" law ordered as they scurried off to different directions

"why so strict?" (y/n) giggled at law as he hummed.

"I just want to... And besides, let's go on a date" law said as (y/n) laughs softly

"huh? Is he your boyfriend or something?"

"yeah.. He's my boyfriend" (y/n) answered as gobta huffed

"I'm telling rimuru-sama~!!" gobta said as he ran off.

"still childish" (y/n) grumbled as law laughed softly.

"come on, let's go" (y/n) sighed as law nodded

Later...

"that was a nice day" (y/n) hums

"yes... Let's do this tomorrow again" law mumbled.

"you still shy? Come on, you can say..." (y/n) said

"hmm?"

"come on... Say it...." (y/n) hums softly

"fucking hell..." law groaned, "you know me... Fine... I love you"

"hehe, I expected that... I love you too~!" (y/n) giggled as she leaned up at him and kissed him on the lips, surprising him entirely.

Law kissed back as soon as he registered (y/n) kissing him

It's also a good thing they were in the forest, no one will see.

"(y/n)-ya... Why do I love you so much?" law mumbled against her lips then kissed her.

"heh, I just know you do..." (y/n) said fully pulling away

"what the hell (y/n)?" rimuru's voice said behind her

"rimuru...! You're here... Haha... You didn't see that didn't you?" she laughs and turned around to see rimuru.

He was in his slime form, a sky blue color and a ball of slime behind him is princess shuna behind him...

The slime jumped and appeared in its human form.

He had gold eyes paired with blue hair, same shade as his slime color.

"never thought of you as a romantic type, (y/n)" shuna laughs softly.

Her eyes crystal blue with pink long hair.

"heh? What is that supposed to mean?" (y/n) asked

"(y/n)-San... The first day you met me, you punched me straight to oblivion," rimuru sighed, "if milim wasn't there..."

"right... Sorry... It actually scared the living shit out of me... So... Sorry" (y/n) hummed

"I know you're not sorry" rimuru pouted.

"ehahahaha.... Yeap.." (y/n) grumbled

"what do you mean by 'romantic type'? Isn't she always like this?" law asked.

"oh please... She swears. A lot." rimuru sweat dropped.

"oh, that I know..." law chuckled.

...

Something fell on (y/n)'s head.

"fuck!! Fuck! Shit! Damn bitch! Asshole! Fuck! Pussy bitch!" (y/n) yelled profanities, law was behind her, staring at her in horror.

'she swears this much...?'

...

"yeah... I know" law hums as (y/n) grumbled incoherent words.

"well, we better go now... See you anytime soon though" law said as they left.

"that was embarrassing...!" (y/n) whisper-yelled.

"oh? Why? Because you kissed me?" law chuckled.

"well- not that part... Maybe that part, I don't know..." (y/n) mumbled.

"oh? Why? You were shy?" law teased

"no... It's just... Embarrassing... He's one of my father's associates in terms of business" she hums.

"why so?"

"I don't know either... Maybe just to be modest? I can't pinpoint... But maybe that's the reason" (y/n) shrugged.

"hmm... Is that so? Well, he seemed to be your friend as well,"

"yah.. He is... But... It's like a gut feeling"

"let's go back to the sub and sort you out, I'll help you"

"thanks..." (y/n) smiles softly as law smiled and nodded

"anything for my love"

"your love...? Why do you like calling me 'my love'? Is it that you're used to it?"

"no... I just love you so much that I want to declare to whoever I meet that you're my love... That's why I call you my love" he smiled.

"that's a totally valid reason" (y/n) chuckled as law hummed.

"it really is..."