Ch. 11

3rd pov

"perfect trading..." (y/n) hummed as sapnap scoffed

"your wallet is empty" sapnap said

"what's the use of money if you can pick pocket and steal?"

"then what's the wallet for?!" sapnap yelled.

"just incase someone tries to rob me," (y/n) hummed, "like. You." (y/n) tapped his nose as he flinched.

"that-... Actually that's a great idea" sapnap grumbled.

"yes... A perfect idea... But then, how do you eat? Like- how would you eat outside?" sapnap asked

"out? How do I eat out? I don't usually eat out... I make food for myself because someone always tries to poison me" (y/n) shrugs as the crew behind her turned to stare at Serbia as she paled a little

"how did you know?"

"there's a strong sense of cinnamon, cinnamon is used to cover up the strong sense of poison... But, I will credit you, Serbia... I love that technique... Although my father taught that to me, I would really love to know how you'd do it"

"but... You're not... Bothered?" ikkaku sighed as bepo grumbled.

"and... You still eat the food?" bepo asked then apologized.

"I am not bothered, that type of commitment to kill me just... Amazes me, some people when they try to kill me gives up 4 the forth time they fail, you failed 60 times and you're still at it" (y/n) hums, "and I still eat it because in actuality, I don't care if I eat is poison. It actually tastes great with cinnamon" she added.

They just stared in horror, especially law.

After finding out that Serbia is poisoning her food, then hearing how (y/n) is being humble by saying how she 'loved' the technique despite it literally will kill her someday just surprises him

"(y/n), you've seen too much war. Calm down" sapnap chuckled and ruffled her hair

"what? In war, ten people tried to poison me, and in this present, one person tried to poison me 60 times, it's alright since I got used to it, no, any attempt to kill me, I'm just used to it and isn't surprising me anymore"

"yeah... The fallout, (y/n), well... See ya next time my guy" sapnap said as he left.

"what do you mean by that...?" law asked, very concerned for his crew's well being.

"hmm... Yeah... Kinda, I think... I don't know either, I just say what I think I'm saying..." (y/n) shrugged.

"really?"

"yup... It doesn't bother me anymore since I'm used to it..." she hummed.

Law just stated as she walked past them and back to the sub.

As she walked, she couldn't help but sigh

Was someone trying to kill her really okay? I mean-she does know why Serbia wants to kill her but... It's just... Weird.

Hate is one reason to kill someone, but not that much that you'll have to kill her right away.

'my life.... Is fucked.'

Timeskip...

(y/n) hums softly as she helped law around the infirmary,

It was law's... Er... 'spring cleaning day' where he re-organize the infirmary...

"(y/n)... Ya... Um, how are you feeling?" law asked

"hmm? Oh, I'm fine... Why?"

"serious. Are you alright? You know Serbia-ya is trying her best to kill you, and you're not even bothered?" law asked.

"I'm bothered.... Many has tried to kill me in the past, even comrades wanted me off so that they could replace my title as simply... 'heart of the army'... I left the army because if that" (y/n) hums.

"marine? You're a former marine?" law asked, surprised to what he's hearing.

"no... I'm an army for my island, like my friend's island, we are also independent. We have everything that the government begged my parents to teach them how to rule, well... Some of them" (y/n) hummed.

"just like this friend of yours... Huh? Well, why... I know you just told me, why did you really leave?" law asks

"my parents were.... Disappointed, to say the least, not that I chose the army, no, but the cadets... They were... They'll literally do anything in their power to rip me apart, it just... Pulls the whole resistance down, you know? It-... I don't-... Urgh... I don't even know anymore" she sighed

"it's okay... Just let it out..." he sighed as he rubbed her back

"thanks but... If only my brothers were higher than me then... None of that happened... They rebelled against the country, I know they regretted it because the marines destroyed it... It... It wasn't meant to be... I wasn't meant to be there. I wish I can turn back time and chose to be the army's doctor instead..." she mumbled.

"hmm... Then you regretted meeting any of us?"

"no! No... No I don't, I'm actually happy that I met you... Despite being hated by, well, most of the world, you guys still stand... I don't know how you guys do it though..." (y/n) laughed a bit.

Law chuckled before ruffling her hair.

"are you sure that's all you want to talk about?" law asked as he cupped her cheek.

"for now... Yeah... At least the guitar my brother gave me calms me down." she nodded

"guitar?"

"yeah! A base guitar, I played in a band at high school, my brother made that for me... And I value it, truly!" (y/n) giggled

"mind showing me later?"

"sure!" she answered

Law was thinking about leaning in to kiss her but, that's gonna wait when shachi busted through the door.

"(y/n)! Serbia ripped the pictures on the base of your guitar!" shachi yelled as she gasped.

"what...?" she shakily whispered

"where?!" law yelled

"at the recreation room! I just saw it! Quick!" law grabbed her hand since she froze as they rushed over to the room.

As law ws calling (y/n), she just mentally snapped.

Nothing to feel towards this character anymore.

Before she felt pity towards Serbia, now... Oh, hell not the pictures.

(y/n) snapped back to reality and ran faster and ahead of the two.

Law and shachi just got there and already saw (y/n) choking Serbia against the wall, mind you, Serbia is a bit taller than her but is somehow off the ground.

Serbia cried for (y/n) to let her go..

Law's gaze drifted down to the broken guitar, parts scattered everywhere as torn pieces of picture surrounds it.

Her precious guitar, it's destroyed...