24. Bianchi Mansion

Start from the beginning

When Luigi reached the group Bernardo received him well and shook hands with him. He said "You must know Luigi that my family is very honoured that the Alessandrinis have accepted our invite today to come and celebrate with the Bianchis on this occasion. I hope our families will get to see more and more of each other in the future."

Luigi smiled politely "Thank you." The Bianchis did not want anything from the Alessanrrinis. They just wanted to give and give. They valued honour. Luigi's father had showed how far he was willing to go to protect the people under his wing but had also shown respect and responsibility towards the family of others too. Lothario Alessandrini had handled Rose's case so well that the Bianchis wanted to make sure the Alessandrinis knew they were almost like family to the Bianchis. The allies of the Bianchis also had so much respect and admiration for what the Alessandrinis were about.

Now, at that party, a group of boys had surrounded Bernardo in a circle talking to him and now Luigi was standing in that circle. All those boys were fond of Luigi because they were all from families who were close to the Bianchis. A couple of those boys were first born heirs just like Luigi and Bernardo. Amerigo Albertini and Tommaso Trentino were two heirs who happened to be Bernardo's close friends too. They were raised with honour and respect just like how Bernardo was so they appreciated a display of honour by a fellow Italian-American family. They saw Luigi as a boy coming from an honourable family following the values they believed in too.

Luigi was warmly welcomed into that group indeed and the boys became busy talking and discussing the current affairs for a long time during the party.

Later on, music came on and the lights were dimmed. The kids were slowly going to the middle of the room to dance. Luigi looked around to spot Lena who was dancing with a group of girls. Bernardo's sister, Barbara Bianchi was in that group also. Luigi was not worried about Lena at all. If anyone dared to look the wrong way at Lena in that room, Luigi was pretty sure that before he needed to do anything, Barbara Bianchi would have taken pretty some serious actions towards the culprit. Barbara was Rose's cousin and was very close to Rose. So she had a special bond with Lena for being an Alessandrini. The rest of the girls in that group were also very nice to Lena. The girls knew Rose's story well. Rose had told them alot about Luigi and Lena.

Four years ago, Rose had been brought to the Alessandrini mansion and was then housed in a safe house nearby while Luigi's father had taken care of business to do with handling the case. During that time, Luigi and Lena had checked on Rose whenever they could have to make sure she had everything she needed and had kept her company too when they could have. Rose had not forgotten the kindness of their family and was always actually very nice to Lena and Luigi when she saw them any time after that incident. She in fact did bring up how she had been treated so well by the Alessandrinis both before and after they had discovered her Bianchi identity. But most importantly she had always appreciated how the Alessandrinis had not handed over her father to the Bianchis to kill. She appreciated that the Alessandrini had cared enough about her father to send Lorenzo Alessandrini into the heart of Bianchi territory with her. They could just have sent her and her father with some men to the house of Bianchi. She knew her mother would have made her father suffer so much if the Alessandrinis had just handed over her father to them on that day she had been returned. Her mother had gone into a fit of rage after she had gotten over her joy and happiness of seeing her daughter again after a year. Rose knew there was no way she could have stopped her mother from killing her father if he had been sent with her. Her mother was very angry.

It had taken days and days of talking by Lorenzo Alessandrini and Rose to convince Rose's mother not to have the intent to send her men to find and kill Ryan, her father. There was a chance that the Alessandrinis could protect him but there was a chance he could have been killed.