Chapter 9

After speaking with his daughter and son, as well as Ms. Wang, Lan Zu walks away going back to his quarters. He felt good after knowing that his daughter was in fact, not colluding with Wei Wuxian and that he proved Wen Rouhan's claim wrong. As he walks, he dialed his friend's number smiling triumphantly all the while.

" Guess what my friend? "

' What is it? ' said his friend on the line.

" Wangji got nothing to do with Wei Wuxian and his friends coming here! She doesn't even know about that scum's past encounter with me! My poor daughter looked so shock after hearing the revelations haha"

' Really? It's all good then. '

" You bet it is! Now, how about we plan on eradicating pests? Sounds good to you? "

' AbsOlutely. Come tomorrow. '

With that, the call ended.

...........

Meanwhile, at the first floor of the Lan Mansion, the remaining 3 people Lan Wangji, Lan Xichen and Wei Ying were surrounded by silence after Lan Zu have left. Lan Wangji already sat back on her seat after the out balance.

She still looks in a trance. She really can't believe that Wei Ying was the one her adoptive Father encountered in his time in Yiling. Even more so, the fact that Wei Ying is actually, an agent in the past. Her face is blank though, making the gentlemen feel slightly worried for her mental state.

Wei Ying can't take the silence anymore and was just going to speak something to lighten the atmosphere but then Lan Wangji beat him to it. She didn't move her head though. Her face remained exactly where it was.

" Brother. "

Lan Xichen immediately replied to her after hearing her call. " Yes Wangji? What is it? "

" Is he here? "

Hearing the question, Lan Xichen's eyes immediately moved towards the other person sitting beside his sister.
He found out that Wei Ying is looking at him as well. His face was serious, nothing like the face he usually wear when he's up and about. " I.."

" He's here. He has come. Why? Why does he need to come? " Lan Wangji said sounding frustrated though with a monotone voice.

" Wangji..."

" Young Miss.. "

Sighing as she stands up, she uttered a good night to the two and walks away with fast strides her red dress swaying elegantly with every step she makes.

As she walks towards the grand staircase she let her thoughts flow like a river wide she can barely contain it.

Wei Ying is here. But of course he will come! After all, her husband loves mysteries. And Lan Wangji has given him a letter with vague content as if inviting him to solve a mystery. And now he's here.

He's here all along. In a disguise that really fooled her well.

She should have known better.

The way Wang Xian speaks, the mannerisms, the shape of her face. Lan Zhan even told her she looks like Wei Ying somehow. And Wang Xian just giggled at her or did she laugh?

May be she did. After all, Wei Ying loves to laugh. Wei Ying will never be Wei Ying without his laugh.

Lan Wangji was nearing her quarters when she heard footsteps behind her as well as a call of " Young Miss! "over and over. She decided to stop but she didn't turn around to look at him either. And it's really impressive how Wei Ying is so good at using a feminine voice.

" Young Miss! Thank God you stopped! "

" Leave. Want to be alone. " she uttered and was going to continue walking when the other spoke again.

" Wait! Young Miss! Are you angry at your husband for coming here for you? "

" None of your business. " she uttered and immediately went inside her room and closed the door locking it. She then leaned her back at the door calming her heart that started to beat crazily when she knew Wei Ying actually followed her here.

She knows that she's being rude. But she can't help it. If this was before, she would have replied well to this person. But now that she knows who this person really is, she doesn't know how to act well infront of him anymore. For whose courageous to face that beloved person whom you abruptly left behind right?

Wei Ying, he knew Lan Zu. So that means he already knows who Lan Wangji is as well right? After all, they have the same surname and because of that, he became suspicious of her coming to work for him. And thus, he investigated her background.

Is that the reason why he immediately knew what country she would go to? And so, afterwards he didn't waste time and made haste travelling here then sending Xie Lian to come disguising as her personal assistant.

Lan Wangji sees now why they all are helping her. Turns out, Wei Ying already knew or rather guessed what she was going to do and so he came personally with his friends, and help her out. God really did send her some help.