Chapter 7

Lan Wangji looks unto her brother with determination in her eyes saying, " Brother, I'll tell you everything....."

Flashback...

" Young miss, I need a favor. "  Xie Lian said as she maneuvers the car for them to head home towards the Lan Mansion.

Lan Wangji looks at Xie Lian in the rearview mirror from where she is sitting in the back seat.

" Mn."

" I'll take that as a yes. *chuckles* I need your permission to transfer all the monitoring devices placed in your room to my quarters. "

"Why?"

" Lan Zu found out about the cameras in the factory. "

Lan Wangji's eyes widened after hearing what she said.

" Be at peace. I have a plan. And, I'm gonna need a bulletproof vest for this as well as your acting skills Young Miss..." she said smiling.

End of flashback..

" So it was her plan all along." Lan Xichen said filled with wonder after knowing what truly happened.

" Mn. "

Lan Xichen smiles and said, " I see now. And I admit that I'm impressed by her conducts. Her dramatics were so believable! She truly got me with her words. "

Lan Wangji looked at her brother's eyes as he uttered  the words.

" Don't look at me like that. I was merely fascinated by the actions she showed earlier. That's all. "

" Mn. " she utters looking still at her brother.

" *sigh* Alright. You got me. I forgot that you know how to read my mind as well as I did yours. *chuckles* Alright. Maybe I did. I did got attracted to her even before what happened earlier. Most especially with her loyalty towards you. "

" She's married, brother. "

' Ah.. Seems like every person I got attracted to are already taken before I even make a move. Though the first one was because I was too afraid to even consider making a move.... ' he thought as he remembered his first love....

Years ago.....

Lan Xichen had a bestfriend whom he fell in love with. His name was Nie Mingjue.

" Da-ge. "  Lan Xichen called his friend after drinking a mouthful of wine. He was on the mission of confessing his feelings to his friend that's why he invited him to his condo. The least he can do for being a horrible friend for harboring such feelings towards him. An honest account in Lan Xichen's part before Mingjue gets married to his fiance.

" Mmm? " Mingjue uttered.

" Why didn't you tell me you had a girlfriend? A fiance in fact. " he said as he looks at the wine glass in his hand, swirling it slowly.

" It just didn't come up. And you didn't ask anyway. " he said swirling his wine glass slowly as well.

Ah right. Lan Xichen was too afraid to ask whether he already had someone in his heart that's why he never knew about Marrianne. The brunette who stole his bestfriends heart without Lan Xichen knowing. He only knew about it when Mingjue gave him an invitation to their wedding.

Aside from that, he didn't know Mingjue's perspective about gays.

"  I see. Da-ge, may I ask you something?" Lan Xichen said his heart started beating fast. But he kept a calm demeanor.

Mingjue snorts " You're already asking though. What is it?"

" It's something..."

" Xichen, just get on with it "

Lan Xichen laughed softly. " Alright. Then my question is...what do you feel about... gays? " Lan Xichen said as he lay his head on the comfy sofa behind him, feeling a bit dizzy from the wine as well as losing his strength gradually from nervousness and his heart that is beating so fast it could explode any minute now.

" Gays? " Mingjue asked looking at his friend after he sips his wine.