To My Love: My Beginning

It has been six months since I took my throne and came to stay at court. Me and James had gotten married before I began to show and now I am the size of a two watermelons. The country has excelled downward and upward since I had become queen. War has ended between the clans, and taxes have been collected. We have become aligned with Spain and France, but we are at war with Russia. The war has changed people and has made them corrupted. The villages have created their own war over grain and whores.
      But right now we are in a comfortable place. Winning war with Russia and soldiers are being drafted into the war. The lands are at peace and are calm. I just want it to stay this way. At least until James's inauguration is over. I will deem him King of Scotland and also War Chief of the Scotland army. I had no idea why he would want to go into war so late in my pregnancy, but I did not ask questions...I only begged him to stay. I know that he will protect himself and stay out of the line of fire but I still worry for him. I cannot lose him.
     I walked into the study and saw James sitting at his desk reading papers. "Hello your majesty." I said in a manly voice mocking his guards. He looked up to see me. He smiled and blushed at the sight of me. "You look gorgeous today." He flattered me. I rolled my eyes and sighed in exhaustion. "No I don't. I look like a fat pig." I complained. He giggled at my humor as if he thought I was joking. "You are carrying a babe, you are not suppose to look thin." He reassured me every time I said something about my figure in these days of my pregnancy. "Oh hush I know. I just can't wait to meet him." I said while looking down at my round belly. I sat on his lap and raised my leg onto his. "I still think it will be a beautiful baby girl." He bragged. I soon began to think that the babe could be a girl but I just had a deep feeling it would be a boy. "If it's a boy you have to promise you will teach him to ride like you." I proclaimed. James wanted a girl and I wanted a boy but I knew that our son would have the best horse riding skills. "I promise I will."
"And if we have a girl will you promise to raise her to be the spitting image of you." He smiled and kissed me on my forehead. I patted him on his chest and said "we'll see my dear." And then kissed me on the lips.
     I began to walk back to the door into the hallway. I sat in the library for a while and read children tales out loud, so that the babe could hear. I went to go get dress in my dress picked out for this afternoon since it was almost time to arrive downstairs to meet our guests. I left my hair down and put a single braid in it along with a headband. I stepped into the hallway and turned my head to see James do the same. He was dressed in his armor to show his position. I walked down the hall to him and locked arms with him. "Shall we?"
"We shall."
We began to walk down the steps to the chapel. The guards announced us with a scroll with our names written in it. We stood and talked for a long while before the Rabi finally said "it's time." I gave him a bow and took my place at the top of the steps. The pope began to get everyone's attention to have a seat.
"Queen Ruth of Scotland has been a pillar to this country for only a small amount of time at court. She has already secured an heir and now she has given us a King. We must thank the Queen for her efforts in pulling this country back together after tragically King Paul passed. But now we have hope. Today we are gathered to Anole the Queens husband, James Versailles." He then motioned James to the front where a stood. The jewel incrusted sword in hand ready to gift James what he's been waiting for his whole life.
     "James Versailles, I inaugurate you to be the King of Scotland. And may your reign be long."

I said as I took the sword and placed it on both of his shoulders

I said as I took the sword and placed it on both of his shoulders. He stood up from one knee and bowed. He then took my hand and sat in the throne next to mine. "Long live the king!" I shouted and many others began to clap and shout. Through the loud crowd of noise, me and James looked at each other in awe. He placed his hand on my stomach and rubbed it. 

     It had been two days since the inauguration and James had already gotten a draft letter from the other war Chiefs at battle. They assured him he would not be at the front line and he signed off. He would leave tomorrow.
"How could you?"
"How could I what Ruth?"
"I am about to bring our child into the world and you leave the first chance you get?"
"I'm not trying to do this, it's my responsibility as king to protect my country!"
"I don't give a damn, I need you!"

 "How could you?""How could I what Ruth?""I am about to bring our child into the world and you leave the first chance you get?""I'm not trying to do this, it's my responsibility as king to protect my country!""I don't give a damn, I need you!"

We argued back and fourth bouncing off each other. James went in for a kiss and I pushed him away. I was in too much pain to want to love him right now.
     He ignored me until the moment he got into his carriage to leave. He kissed me on the cheek and left without a word. Like most husbands do, but I loved my husband unlike most wife's.