To My Love: Newspaper

All week we had been staying with each other in that tiny study. We went to party's and got information on the kings death. "I heard it was a murder." "It was no accident." "That man really doesn't know how to eat." "A piece of Brussels sprout as my last meal? I don't think so.". All we were collecting from these gossips was that my father was a foolish man. I hadn't denied it, he was a donkey of a man.
I walked down to the study to drop off some forged letters I had done in the queen mothers handwriting. I walked slowly up to the door and stopped. I thought to myself lightly, the pages in my story are going by so fast, the events, my life. It will all end so soon. I swatted away my thoughts like a dust cloud floating around my head. I walked into the room quietly, making sure not to disrupt James. My plan was to sit the papers down on his desk and leave. But he had already seen me. "Ruth!" He shouted in an excited way. "Ruth you must come see this wonderful news!" He shouted once more. His words made me excited and impatient. I trotted over to his desk and stood over his shoulder. His perfume oils were filling my nose with pine and rosemary. Pine and rosemary? Such feminine smells. Feminine? Feminine. He must have loved women.
Why did I care if he loved women or not, I didn't. It was the only thing men could love. "Ruth? Ruth are you listening? Did you hear the great news?" James said while trying to get my attention as I dosed off into a daydream of thoughts. "Oh Um no you will have to read it again." I said while pulling myself back to earth. "Alright." He sighed and then began reading. "The queen mother has doubled the amount of kings guard searching for the fugitive Ruth Ronald. Who could this woman be and what tie does she have to the royal family to make them have so much hate for her. The queen mother has yet to confirm what this fugitive has done to deserve her royal highnesses full attention for all these months." He looked up at me once he was done to catch my reaction. But I was not what he expected. I had a slight confusion on my face. "So how does this help me take my throne?" I questioned. James rolled his eyes like I had a flat brain. "Are you dense? This is everything!" He shouted while smacking the newspaper with the back of his hand.
"Don't you get it? If the queen mother is being forced to tell the nation you are the bastard daughter of the king you will be deemed the rightful heir and she will have no choice but to let you take place on the throne." My brain sparked and I squealed in excitement. "Oh hush up, I knew that!" I reassured him as I patted his shoulder like a little girl. He laughed and held my hand on his shoulder "oh sure you did!"
"Oh I did don't tell me what I know." I smacked his shoulder and huffed off. He looked at me in shock and grabbed my arm. "Hey don't I get a thank you?" He asked as he held onto my arm gently. I spun my head around and met eyes with his blue ocean eyes. "For what?" I said teasing him. A smile creeped onto his face and he pulled me in by my arm. I laughed historically as he sat me on his lap and tickled me "oh you, who's thankful now?" He laughed and mocked me. "Stop stop! Thank you!" I giggled and squirmed.
Both of our laughs faded away as our eyes began to meet. It became a serious, quiet moment. He looked at me with such a face. A face I had never seen before. He laid out foreheads on each others and breathed heavily from the contagious laughter. James moved my head from his and looked me in the eye. "Um- we should uh" he stuttered lifting me off his lap. "Oh yes- of course um." I stuttered with him. I began to walk over to the double door. I looked back at him as he watched me walk away, I pointed at the letters I had sat down on the table and smiled "here are the um- papers"
He chuckled at me and said "thank you." I put an awkward thumbs up and turned to the walk out. "Ruth?" James said my name as if longing for me. Call me back. Please call me back. I prayed as I turned to him. "Yea?"
"See you at dinner." He said simply. It was a simple sentence but it made me burst into fire. I burned for him. I simply smiled and walked out of the room.