To My Love: Distractions

The love. It was our creation from scratch. I remembered hating him. Wanting him dead was all I wished in my early days of living here. But now, I want him beside me at every moment. We made love for hours each day. Caressing each other's body's and thrusting against one another none stop. We could go for hours like little bunny rabbits. I loved him. I really did. It was not just because his body aroused me and made me lust for him. But it was because of his kindness that he has shown me. The love that he has shown me. There was nothing more beautiful.
I used to say that the mums were the most beautiful thing I had seen yearly. But James and I's relationship was the most beautiful every second. I was not thinking about being married to him. I was think of staying here with him and have no politics ever again.
We laid in the large bed for a moment out of breath. James looks at me and admires the one side of my face he can see. I acted like I didn't notice so he could admire it some more. I saw him in the corner of my eye just looking absolutely beautiful. He begins to say something. But his words betray him. He looks away and lifts his body from the bed. "Where are you going?" I asked. He looked back at me with a smile. "We can't stay here all day my love." He chuckled. I smiled back at him like it was natural. "We could if we wanted to!" I pleaded, all I wanted was to stay in bed all my life and make love to James. Was I an addict?
"Well we still have a throne to steal." He said while looking away to put his boots on. I was hurt by his words as if he could still think of taking the throne. I really thought all he wanted was me, but maybe this was just a simple act to make me want to give him everything when I was queen. "You ass!" I shouted and grabbed a pillow and threw it at his face. He looked surprised and confused. "What??" He shouted back. "What did I do?" He followed with his words like a donkey tied to a cart. "You just sleep with me and tell me you love me, so you can get what you want when I'm queen." I shouted as I got up from the bed naked. He took a deep breath as if he knew what I was talking about. "I assure you I still want the throne but I don't need to use you." He pleaded.. Like his words would make me feel any better, they did. But that was so out of the question.
"No you want to use me! You just thought I would be so stupid to fall for your seductive sex!" I shouted again while opening the door and leaving. He chuckled like it was a joke and quickly put his pants on to run after me. "Ruth trust me I love the sex as well. But I don't want to use you for the throne." He shouted from across the hall. I stopped and turned to face him. I put my finger in his face and began to sort my words. "I did not say that, I said you want to use sex against me so that when I become queen you will get whatever you want." And then I began to walk away again. James grabbed my arm before I got too far away. "My love, I will be king I will not need anything from you except your love." He stated and he moved his hand down to mine and pulled me closer. He made a good point. When we were to be married he would be king and most likely be more powerful than me. I looked at him exhausted with grief. He looked at me with the softest tone like he had been waiting for this argument to happen. He kissed me on my forehead and picked me up by my hips. Kissing me on my lips and reassuring me that what we had was very real. "I guess our work can wait a couple more...hours" he smiled. I looked at him and laughed with happiness. It was a fact that I was addicted to his love. I was addicted to him like I have never been to any person before.

I sorted out all the letters from the queen mother to the kings guard trying to get a head start on what move they would make next. "Dear Queen Mother,
We are unsuccessful in the search for your fugitive. The press have asked many questions but we have denied. There is really nothing more we can do if she is no longer in Scotland. She could be smart and flee the country." I stopped reading there to think. What if I did flee? Me and James just flee and go to France. I've always loved France. I couldn't though. I couldn't leave a country without a queen. This was so difficult to make out. How in the hell will I take the throne with 5,000 guards on my tail. Then a sudden switch flipped. I began to think in a completely different way. Maybe if it was possible? I thought to myself and kept it in my mind. Could this be if could it work. Many kings and queens have done it before. This information could change our whole course but it would work.
I ran into the hallway on my way to James's study. I finally reached the door and swung them both open. James looks up from his papers with an interrupted look. I breathed heavily and tried to let my brilliance fly. "A cue." I announced. He looked at me with the largest happiness. He knew I was right and he was proud. "A cue." He repeated with excitement.