"Really? You'd want to do that?"

"Sure, we could do a small ceremony in the backyard by the lake. Call an officiant and have Tony as a witness."

"Are you sure that's what you want? You wouldn't prefer a bigger, fancier wedding?"

"Colt, I'd get married in a fucking junkyard if that meant to got to marry you." Colt grabbed his phone and started making arrangements. I stole another kiss from him before quickly falling asleep.

*****

I woke up the next morning to an empty bed. I sat up and squinted my eyes as I looked around the room for my future husband. My search came up empty, but I found a note on the side table in his messy handwriting.

It's bad luck for us to see each other before the wedding. Meet me by the lake at noon.

I rolled my eyes and stretched as I got out of bed. The clock on the table read nine a.m.

I decided to take a quick shower. I scrubbed my hair and shaved every inch of my body. Once I got out, I towel dried myself and put on some makeup. I went with a more natural look. I applied a little bit of concealer under my eyes and placed some bronzer along my cheek bones. I put a small amount of mauve blush on the apples of my cheeks and swiped some black mascara onto my long eyelashes. I finished my look with a nude lipstick. I blow dried my hair and styled it in loose curls, letting my long blonde locks hang down my back.

I opened my closet and found a single white garment bag hanging. I assumed Colt must've picked it out and had it brought to the room. I opened it to find an ivory maxi dress. It had long off-the-shoulder sleeves. The dress fitted to my hips then flowed out to my feet. The neckline and hem of the dress was accentuated with eyelash lace and lace appliqués were scattered from the skirt to the bodice. A little more casual than a formal wedding dress, but it was beautiful and perfect for eloping.

I checked the clock, there was about thirty minutes until the ceremony. I twisted the diamond on my finger as a pit formed in my stomach. It wasn't from anxiety this time, but excitement. My stomach growled and I wandered downstairs to grab a small bite to eat.

I walked into the kitchen to see Tony sitting at the island. He was eating a muffin, I cringed as I watched crumbs fall from his mouth to the floor.

"I see you came here for the food and not the wedding," I said with a laugh.

"Jesus, Darcy! You scared me," Tony said with a mouthful of muffin. "Wow. You look great. I really am happy for the two of you." I gave Tony a genuine smile and reached across the counter to squeeze his hand. I let go to grab an apple from the fruit bowl and quickly ate it. Tony stood up and brushed more crumbs from his lap to the floor.

"I'm gonna go see if Bishop needs any help. We'll see you in a bit."

I was giddy and my body hummed with eagerness. I paced the kitchen as I counted down the minutes. It was now noon. I wasted no time in flinging open the back doors that looked out into the yard and the lake shore.

I could see three figures standing down by the water. My heart leaped as I neared, and I could see Colton's face. I had to stop myself from sprinting across the grass and leaping into his arms. Colton's smile grew wider each step I took towards him. Happy tears slipped from my eyes. Finally, I was close enough to reach him. I took his outstretched hand, and he pulled me in for a kiss.

"You're supposed to wait until the end to do that!" Tony huffed.

Colt pulled away and shot Tony a look, immediately shutting him up. Colton looked incredible. He had ditched his everyday suit for a white dress shirt and navy pants. His muscles strained against the sleeves and his pants fit him deliciously. He gave the officiant a nod and he began the ceremony.

"​It is one of life's finest experiences when a relationship grows into a permanent bond of love. This love is what brings us together today." Colton reached out and took both of my hands in his. He placed a gentle kiss on my knuckles and butterflies invaded my belly.

We continued on with our vows. I was so nervous I wasn't even sure of the words I was repeating. Colton's gaze held mine. When I looked into his eyes, I felt beautiful, safe, and loved.

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard the officiant speak again, but louder this time.

"I pronounce that your wedding vows are sealed and from now on you will be known to all as husband and wife. You may now kiss your bride."

Colton's hand grabbed the back of my neck and pulled my lips up to his. I kissed him deeply and hungrily. Tony cheered from behind Colt, and I broke our kiss for a moment to laugh.

"You all may leave, I'd like some time alone with Mrs. Bishop," Colton demanded. The two men scattered off towards the front of the house. They loaded up into their cars and peeled out of the driveway. Colt scooped me up and placed another kiss on my lips as he walked us back inside. He carried me up the steps and into the bedroom then placed me down on my feet.

He kissed my cheek and leaned down to whisper in my ear.

"You look stunning, but I can't wait to rip that dress off of you."