Siren

Darcy

I BOOKED IT OUT of that building. The last thing I expected walking into this meeting was coming face-to-face with the man I've been having wet dreams, I mean nocturnal emissions, about. My heels clicked rapidly against the floor in the lobby, I was honestly surprised I could walk so fast in these shoes.

If I was superstitious, I would've thought this was the universe telling me something. But I'm a realist and chalked it up to me probably seeing his face before in an advertisement.

I pushed open the revolving doors so quickly that I nearly tumbled onto the sidewalk. I shielded my eyes from the sun, searching for Mr. Barrett's car. When I spotted it, I yanked the handle, flinging the door open, and practically threw myself inside.

"Are you okay?" Asked Mr. Barrett, questionably raising an eyebrow at me.

"Yup. Fine." I replied, pressing my lips into a thin line as I looked out the car window.

I placed my hands to my cheeks which were still warm from being flustered earlier. A few silent moments passed before Mr. Barrett spoke again.

"A few of Colton's colleagues and employees are going out tonight to celebrate the merger. Would you like to join us?"

I sighed and leaned my forehead against the cold car window, hoping it would help cool me down. Mr. Barrett reached over and grazed his fingertips across my arm. I jerked my arm out of his reach and cradled it against my chest. If I didn't get paid so well, I would've quit working for this asshole a long time ago.

"No, thank you, Mr. Barrett. I think I'm a little tired from our flight. I'd rather stay the night in."

"Well, we'll be meeting at The Siren if you change your mind."

I gave him a small smile. I looked out the window and realized we were pulling up to the hotel. I grabbed my clutch, unbuckled my seat belt and opened the car door. Once I made it to my room, I unlocked the door with my key card. After I was inside, I turned around and made sure the door was locked behind me.

I immediately kicked off my heels and climbed out of my dress. I changed into a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt. I grabbed a bag of almonds from the snack basket and clicked on the TV. Hotel television channels fucking suck. All I could watch was either local news or expensive porn. I ended up turning off the TV and falling back into the bed, suddenly overcome with exhaustion.

I tossed and turned for a while. I just couldn't get to sleep. Every time I closed my eyes all I could see was Colton Bishop. I sat up in the bed and let out a frustrated sigh. I ran my hands through my hair before I stood up.

"Fuck it," I said, deciding I'd go out and meet everyone at the bar.

I changed out of my sweats into a form fitting emerald colored dress. It was backless with a cowl neckline. I loosely curled my hair and applied some black mascara and a nude lipstick. I chose a black pair of heels to pair with my outfit. I grabbed my clutch and a mini bottle of vodka from the fridge. I chugged down the burning liquid, grabbed my clutch and headed out the door.

I dialed Mr. Barrett's driver and asked that he'd come pick me up. By the time the car pulled in front of the hotel my face was already warm from the shot of vodka. I slid into the backseat of the car and told the driver to take me to The Siren.

We pulled up in front of the busy club. I showed my ID to the bouncer and once inside I headed straight for the bar. I ordered a double Jack and Coke. I took a sip of my drink and it tasted heavenly. Exactly what I needed after today. I flagged down the bartender and ordered another.

While waiting on my drink, I felt a brush against my arm and turned to look. A stunning woman with red hair stood next to me, leaning over the bar and yelling her drink order over the music. When she was done, she looked at me then flashed a smile.