Betrayed

Darcy

THE DAY AFTER THE masquerade, Colt and I drove into Seattle to meet with the Capano's. We delivered the flash drive with Murphy's information on it and sat around waiting for one of Luca's guys to extract the files.

"Okay, I've got it."

Those words made Colt and I both stand up and practically sprint over to the computer. I bent down as I saw the hit schedule. The next attack was set for tonight. I looked over at the address the hit would be on.

"That's Tony's house," Colt said. Tony scrambled to his feet and leaned beside me, reading the computer screen over my shoulder.

"Well, that fuckin' sucks," Tony mumbled.

"This is serious, Tony." I elbowed his ribs.

Luca immediately sprung to action and started devising a plan. "Ideally, we would've had more time to plan. This will be our best shot at wiping out Conor and the rest of the Irish around Seattle," Luca started as the rest of his men took a seat at the large table and listened carefully.

"We'll stake out at Tony's house. I fully expect the Irish to be armed to the teeth. I'm sure after the assault on Conor last night, they'll be expecting something to happen. I'll have snipers hide in the brush and the rest of us will be scattered through the house."

Luca walked to a massive safe on the right wall, he entered his combination and pulled open the heavy doors. He reached in and started passing around weapons. Assault rifles, shotguns, pistols, grenades and Kevlar vests made their way around the table. I slid a vest over my head and tucked two handguns into the holsters on my hips and a knife into the pocket on my vest.

Colton glared at me. "You are not going."

"Fuck you," I spat, a little more harshly than intended.

Colt sighed. He knew he wouldn't be able to talk me out of this. Once everyone was fully armed, we loaded up and sped towards Tony's house. We parked in an empty lot a few blocks away so we wouldn't raise any suspicion.

Tony lived in Kirkland. His home was secluded and tucked away into the woods, just off of Lake Washington. As we made our trek down his gravel drive, I watched as 6 men dressed in camouflage scattered into the tree lines. They started setting up rifles and took their positions.

We arrived at the house and Tony unlocked the door. I stepped inside as the rest of our group followed and gathered in the living area.

"I don't want anyone in this main area. I want the Irish to step in and let their guards down," Luca said the word "Irish" like it physically pained him.

He gestured down the hallway which led to the kitchen, a den, and a dining area.

"I want 2 men in each room and 2 men just outside the back door that leads off the kitchen." A few of his guys nodded and walked down the hallway, splitting up as they divided themselves to their posts.

"Tony, how many rooms do you have upstairs?"

"There's 2 bedrooms, an office and a bathroom."

Luca nodded as he continued giving orders. "Okay, I need one man at the top of the staircase. Marco and Tony will take position in one of the bedrooms and Darcy, Bishop and I will take the other. The rest of you I want scattered around the property. Stay sharp."

My heart hammered in my chest as I climbed the staircase. It wasn't out of fear though, it was out of anger. Once we reached the bedroom, Colt and Luca stood on either side of the door. I positioned myself to the side of the window that looked out the front of the house and scanned my eyes across the property. It was nearly dusk, and the yard was dark. I blinked my eyes a couple times as I saw shadows moving across the grass.

"I see them," I whispered.

Luca and Colton double checked their gear, and I heard two clicks as they both took their guns off safety. I drew one of mine and did the same. I watched as a few shadows crumpled to the ground after being shot by our guys camouflaged in the woods. There were a lot more Irish than I expected. It seemed as though more and more shadowed figures approached the house.

"And there's a lot of them," I added.

I glanced over at Colt. He gave me a grin and I returned the smile. I brought my attention back to the window in time to see a man pull himself up onto the roof of the porch. He had his gun drawn as he started to creep towards the window. I aimed my pistol and pulled the trigger, my bullet lodged itself in his neck. His body fell backwards, off the roof and to the ground. At the same time, I heard the sound of the front door being kicked open.

Their footsteps on the wooden floors echoed through the house. I held my breath, waiting to hear their next move. I heard gunshots outside and directed my attention to the yard.

I saw a few of Lucas' men going hand-to-hand with the Irish. Two more men pulled themselves up on the roof. I shot one through the torso, he collapsed and gasped for air as my bullet pierced his lung.

I quickly turned to my left and saw the other man with his gun raised at me. I ducked behind the drywall; his bullet missed me by less than half of a second. I pressed my back flat against the wall beside the window and watched as his hands grabbed the windowsill and hoisted himself up.

When his head poked through the window Colton fired, his shot hitting him in the forehead. The rumble of an explosion came from downstairs and the entire second floor shook.

Luca's guy at the top of the stairs began aiming down and firing. He got 3 rounds off before he was shot in the arm. His gun fell to the ground, and he scrambled to grab it when a bullet pierced his skull. He was dead instantly and fell to the floor.

"Fuck. Colt, if I die tonight, I want you to take over my position and rule La Cosa Nostra in Seattle," Luca said while laughing.
"You're not going to die." Colt chuckled.

Luca ran out the door of the bedroom, assuming position at the stairs. Colt took a few steps out of the room and took cover behind the wall to the right of the staircase. I took one last glance out of the bedroom window and noticed a group of Irish moving together through the yard.

"Colt," I hissed, a sense of alarm in my tone.

He reached into his vest pocket and retrieved a hand grenade. Colt held down the lever and pulled the pin. Keeping the lever pressed so it wouldn't detonate before he intended. He aimed and tossed the grenade out the window. It landed right in front of the men before detonating, injuring a few. Luca started to descend down the stairs and Colt followed. I rushed out of the room and followed in behind Colton. I heard a door click and turned to see Marco and Tony joining us.

By the time we reached the bottom of the stairs it was eerily quiet. Bodies and blood were scattered across the floor. A few of the windows were blown out, probably from an explosive the Irish set off earlier. Colt scanned the entire downstairs with his gun drawn before returning to the living room.

"Clear."

I saw a shadow appear in the front doorway and I immediately whipped around and aimed my gun. By the time I pulled the trigger the man had already fired, hitting Luca in the upper chest.

"Fuck!" Luca roared.

My round hit the man in the face, leaving a bloody hole just under his eye. He collapsed in the doorway. Marco and Tony ran to Luca and began administering first aid. The sound of footsteps came from outside the front door. A red headed man stepped in with his hands up in surrender. Conor Murphy.

Colt and I kept our guns aimed on him when I turned my gaze back towards the door as another figure appeared. This time it was a familiar woman with the same fiery red hair I had seen so many times before.

"Quinn?" I asked. My gun dropped a few inches as I hesitated.

"Hiya, Darcy." She smiled at me before raising her gun in my direction and pulling the trigger.