Mission: Last Words

I'm just laughing at how I'm typing this out while listening to Stay Alive, the title is super ironic.

***

"I got the key like you asked," Mira spoke in a silent voice, it was late night and almost dawn. And just like she was supposed to, she put her hands in through the bars and unlocked Hoseok's handcuffs.

"Thank you," Whispered Hoseok, he then took the key out of Mira's hands and did a variety of facial expressions trying to unlock his cell. He was struggling.

She let out a laugh when she saw the wizard scuffle, and took the key out of his hands, "You could've just gave me the key and told me to unlock it myself."

She inserted the key into the lock and unlocked his cell in a flash, "Here you go."

"I didn't want to make you do more work," Hoseok blurted out, he grabbed her elbow, "We need to get out of here."

"It doesn't take a genius to figure that out," Mira ran out faster than Hoseok and opened the door for him, "And you're already making me do enough, unlocking a lock doesn't make much of a difference."

Hoseok was getting annoyed at Mira's antics, "Are you this moody because it's late at night?"

She shrugged, "Maybe."

The wizard rolled his eyes in response, and the two of them made their way up the stairs and into the main hall. Hoseok could notice the King's office from the corner of his eyes now. Hoseok's eyes widened as he heard distant footsteps. Fuck.

He quickly fidgeted with the key out of nervousness and unlocked Mira's bedroom, which wasn't too far. He then entered and pulled Mira along with him, swiftly shutting the door with his foot. Hoping the shout of the door closing wasn't too loud.

And maybe he pulled Mira a bit too hard because she ended up falling on him, making them both end up on her bed, while Mira found herself on top of Hoseok's chest.

"Why did you-!" She shouted loud at Hoseok, but he covered her mouth with his hands and pressed hard.

"For fucks sake I heard footsteps. And the last thing we want to do is get captured, so why would you shout that out loud?" Hoseok threw his head back on the bed along with his spit covered hand, letting out soft breaths.

Mira then grew quiet, "But that's no excuse for pulling me in like that."

Hoseok then gave her a one of his stares, he was done with her, "I did what I had to do. But it looks like you're enjoying this since you still haven't gotten up."

"I'll get up right now," She huffed and sat up on the bed, making Hoseok crack a small smile. 

"So you're not denying it?"

Mira wanted to hit him with one of her purses, "Look who's trailing away from the main topic now."

She did have a point.

Hoseok stood up and walked to the door, and he peaked out of the little hole on the top to see if there was anyone. He even opened the door, but only a little, to see if he heard any noises.

"We're all clear," Hoseok said and ushered to Mira after some time. And she followed.

Hoseok still had the key in his hands. And he was grabbing onto the Princess with his other hand. 

"How did you know all the doors in this castle use the same key?" Mira brought up, impressed at Hoseok's knowledge.

"Isn't it the same with every castle?" Shrugged the wizard, "I just assumed it was like that here. Besides everyone having the same key makes it more efficient for them to do their job, and it  insures flexibility."