Harry didn't have to say anything for James to understand the look on his face, Harry was clearly happy, but seemed to be trying to not make it too obvious. James hoped Harry would quickly get past his need to hide joy and be able to express himself more.

"Pick some to wear for now, this evening we'll get some pyjamas for you too." James said, ruffling Harry's hair.

That night Harry and James slept side by side, Harry not taking up much space, but cuddling up close to James' warmth. It had been a little bit of an argument to persuade Harry to sleep on the bed with James, as it was one of the only times Harry had tried to argue with James, saying that he (Harry) should just sleep on the floor and James insisting that it was fine for Harry to sleep on the bed with him.

In the morning Harry was still keeping close to James, with the elder's arm wrapped around him too, while the other was out to the side randomly. James' hair had become a mess, but due to Harry's lack of movement it was hardly more tangled than it was before.

James was the one who woke up first, along with the other students, Harry remaining asleep, barely even responding with more than a pout when James left his side to get dressed.

"Hey Harry." James said gently, shaking Harry's shoulder gently once he was dressed. "Time to get up."

As if by magic, Harry sat up quickly, his eyes looking a little out of it, but otherwise he seemed to be fully awake and alert. James blinked for a moment once Harry was up, he hadn't expected Harry to wake up so quickly, but he guessed it was a good thing, they should be able to go through the halls without too many people looking at them. While the Gryffindors were mostly used to Harry now, he had only been in the Gryffindor common room or James' dorm, so few people could have found out about him.

"It's time to get ready for breakfast." James said with a smile, grabbing the unused clothes that had been shrunk yesterday. "What do you want to wear?"

"Sorry, I woke up late." Harry mumbled, pushing himself up to get off the bed, but James was standing where Harry would have gotten off the bed, so Harry couldn't just slip off. "I'll get started now."

"No need to apologise, we're not late for anything, and you don't need to start doing anything, well, except getting dressed." James said with a bright, wide smile, holding up the clothes again.

Harry looked into James' brown eyes through James' glasses that were reflecting the candle light that was much brighter than the candles that Harry was used to. Harry didn't have to do anything but get dressed? Then who would make breakfast?

"Have you decided what you want to wear?" James asked after a moment, honestly feeling a little awkward as Harry just stared blankly into James' eyes.

"Oh, um, I want to wear that." Harry said, pointing to the jumper that had once belonged to Remus.

"Of course, any other strong opinions, or do you just want me to choose an outfit around it?" James asked with a smile.

"Hey Prongslet," Sirius said, coming over after Harry nodded, so James was trying to decide on an outfit for Harry. "I'm sorry about yesterday, I used to do it with my younger brother and he loved it so I thought you would too."

Harry was surprised, when was the last time he got an apology? Besides, while he hated what Sirius had done to him, it was far from the worst thing Harry had been through, and his dad said this person was his friend, so Harry didn't know if he was actually going to get thrown, but the threat was enough to scare him.

"Um, this is for you." Sirius said, holding out a small stag plush that didn't seem to have any seams, so Harry had no idea how it could have been made.