Chapter 435 The Plaintiff Turns Into The Defendant!!

When the people watching the live-stream saw the lawyer stand, all of them started ranting in the comments.

“That lawyer has no conscience! How can he help the Smiths in this lawsuit? Who knows how much money the Smiths have given him?”

“I heard that lawyer has never lost any of his cases. He’s definitely gonna lose the one today,

right?”

“Mr. Lawyer, can you have a bit of a conscience? How can you help the Smiths bully a weak and helpless woman? I am so disappointed in you!”

“I hope the lawyer dies together with his whole family!”

Hillary and her attorney next to her were also paying attention to the happenings online.

In addition, there were also people constantly keeping the judge up-to-date about the people’s opinions. After all, he had to take the people’s opinions into consideration, too.

The judge sighed when he heard that everyone was taking the plaintiff’s side.

It would probably be very difficult for the defendant to win the case this time!

While he was thinking about it, the defendant’s attorney said, “Your Honor, members of the jury. First of all, I would like to explain the relationship between my client and the plaintiff.”

He walked out from behind the desk, looked at Hillary, and said, “According to my investigations, Mr. Joel Smith and Ms. Tanya Turner have been in love since they were in junior high, and their relationship continued even after they entered college. They are recognized by everyone as a model couple. Mr. Smith and Ms. Turner’s classmates can testify to this. The plaintiff will not deny this, right?”

Hillary narrowed her eyes.

Her attorney stood up and said, “That has nothing to do with the case. After all, a lot of people’s first relationships do not last. Does every spouse have to give way to their partner’s first love just because they have returned? Be it true love or his inability to forget his previous lover, it is no reason or excuse for Mr. Smith to cheat on and betray Ms. Jones!”

His answer was very well-worded. A whole row of thumbs-ups appeared in the comments.

“That lawyer said it! No matter what, they have already broken up back then. To put it bluntly, even if Jones was the third wheel in Turner and Smith’s relationship back then, the two of them have already had a child together. Tanya Turner shouldn’t have come back!”

“I’ve just imagined a big story about Turner coming back for revenge!”

“Don’t say any more. Let’s listen to them instead. What if the reason for Turner and Smith’s breakup back then wasn’t Jones?”

Almost at the same time the comment appeared, the defendant’s attorney said, “Of course. My client requested that I make this clear in the courtroom in front of the judge and everyone in the country because he doesn’t want Ms. Turner to be called a third wheel.”

The plaintiff’s lawyer couldn’t help but laugh when he heard what he said. He looked straight at the judge and said, “Objection, Your Honor. That has nothing to do with the case. What we are here to talk about is Ms. Mia Smith’s custody, and not who the real third wheel of their relationship is!”

Tanya, who was seated in the defendant’s dock, was surprised.

She turned and looked at Joel.

The two of them had agreed that they would immediately lay out sufficient evidence at the beginning of the trial, and change her status from the defendant to the plaintiff. She hadn’t expected her attorney to actually walk out and say something like that.