Chapter 403: Nora's Suspicion

The reason why Nora knew about the birthday of the children was that on that day every year, Tanya would be in low spirits.

When she was overseas, no matter where Nora was, she would always be by Tanya’s side on this day.

The two of them did nothing. Nora would sleep while Tanya would be in the room, dancing to the birthday gift she had bought long ago.

Usually, when she woke up, Tanya would be covered in sweat, but she would not feel tired. If she continued like this, she would eventually collapse.

Every year, she would fall seriously ill.

It was as if she wanted to use this method to vent her longing for her child for the next year.

Therefore, Nora remembered her child’s birthday very clearly.

She couldn’t help but doubt Mia’s identity.

Tanya’s child and Mia were both Joel’s children. Furthermore, they were only five days apart…

She narrowed her eyes and began to think about the relationship between Mia and Tanya…

“Mommy, can I?”

Pete’s words interrupted Nora’s thoughts.

She looked at him and nodded. “Alright, I’ll ask your uncle when he comes back.”

If she took Mia out to play, she would definitely ask Joel.

With that, she yawned loudly and turned to walk to the bed. “It’s already so late. Why isn’t he back yet? I’ll lie down and wait for him!”

Pete: “…”

As expected, half an hour later, there were uniform breathing sounds on the bed.

Pete sighed helplessly and put down the pen in his hand.

He walked to the bed and gently covered Nora with the blanket. Then, he went out and downstairs to sit on the sofa in the living room.

When Joel returned home, this was the scene he saw.

Pete was clearly sleepy and anxious. His little head was nodding off, but he had still forced himself not to sleep.

Joel looked at the time. It was already 11 PM. He walked over and asked, “What’s wrong?”

Pete woke up suddenly and said excitedly, “Uncle, you’re finally back!”

He jumped off the sofa and looked at Joel. “Tomorrow, Dad and Mom will take me and Cherry… to the amusement park. I want to bring Mia along, okay?”

Joel looked at him and touched his head. After some thought, he said, “Okay.”

Pete heaved a sigh of relief.

Joel bent down and picked him up before carrying him upstairs.

After taking him to the bedroom, he asked, “Where’s your mother?”

Pete said helplessly, “Mommy said that she would lie down and wait for you to come back to ask you. In the end, she fell asleep…”

Joel: “…”

Joel brought Pete to his room and watched him shower and change into his pajamas. Then, he sent Pete to Nora’s bedroom.

He watched as he tiptoed in and returned to the bedroom in relief.

At the same time, he could not help but think that Nora was such a worry-free mother. Be it with Cherry or Pete, they were both so sensible and independent.